You Better Protect Your Ass

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Nov 3, 2008.

1. EMRGLOBAL said""National Security Squad ""
    Probably more truth to that phrase than most want to admit.

#41     Nov 3, 2008
  2. What a bunch of losers.
    The world is not coming to an end.
    It survived WWI, WWII, and even, omigod, FDR.
    It'll survive Obama. And so will you, unless you really are a loser.

#42     Nov 3, 2008
  3. Neither you nor I were trading in 73-74 either but what sets us apart from the hacks around here is that we are intimately familiar with the patterns and fundamentals of those years.

While I expect the economy to erode further my best guess is the low for stocks is in. As we both know we're NOT trading Econ futures we're trading an Index of p/e's.

A big Dem day in the Senate will cause a plunge. I'll be fading it.

#43     Nov 3, 2008
  4. wow, Obama...some great community organizer...hummm...some experience there...wow

#44     Nov 3, 2008
  5. honestly, had we had the clown Gore in office on 9/12/01...think about it..come on...

#45     Nov 3, 2008
  6. The terrorist attack on US soil happened during a Republican administration. I remember watching the senate hearing of Condaleeza Rice after 911 and she said that she had sent a memo to Bush months before the attack that said "Bin laden wanting to strike on US soil" and Bush either did not read that or did not take it seriously.

#46     Nov 3, 2008
  7. Even worse, Bush should have stuck with Afghanistan instead of squandering valuable lives and resources on Iraq that was never a critical threat to our national security.

To this day, I can never quite wrap myself around the idiot's 2000 campaign pledges: he would bring compassionate conservatism; he would be a uniter, not a divider; he would end nation-building. We now know he enacted the most bitter policies in American history. Within the last 8 years, he not only divided the two parties ever further, he has effectively rip this country into shreds. Although he preaches against nation-building, he has no qualms about supporting a regime change.

#47     Nov 3, 2008
  8. Mercor

Mercor

The big mistake was 1993 WTC. Had that been delt with as part of an onging battle we may have stopped 9/11.
    We should have been evesdropping on foriegn phone calls, beefing up passport rules, coordinated better international efforts.

But no , Reno wanted to close the books and pretend the case was over.

In 1996 the foiled hijackings out of Asia should have been the call to arms. These events are so much more informitive then a memo from Rice to bush about some attack

#48     Nov 3, 2008
  9. On August 6, 2001 the daily Presidential Briefing titled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US" was placed on the desk of President George Bush. Parts of the memo are provided below. For the whole memo click the link.

Clandestine, foreign government, and media reports indicate bin Laden since 1997 has wanted to conduct terrorist attacks in the US. Bin Laden implied in U.S. television interviews in 1997 and 1998 that his followers would follow the example of World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef and "bring the fighting to America."

We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a ---- service in 1998 saying that Bin Laden wanted to hijack a U.S. aircraft to gain the release of "Blind Sheikh" Omar Abdel Rahman and other U.S.-held extremists.

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/10/august6.memo/

The action taken by the President was to go on vacation in Crawford.

#49     Nov 3, 2008
  10. Just curious. Do you support the Patriot Act?

"The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full-field investigations throughout the U.S. that it considers bin Laden-related."

#50     Nov 3, 2008