You are not that special

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by TimtheEnchanter, Jun 11, 2012.

1. "But do not get the idea you're anything special. Because you're not."
    -----------------------

Uhmnnn... too late for that.

"being special" in pop psychology probably had its roots in poor self esteem. Little Johnny isn't doing well in school because he has poor self esteem. (Do you realize that teachers are still putting 'good job" stickers - fn stickers of dinosaurs or whatever on HW assignments in 10th grade-wtf is up wid that?). Grading in red pen will hurt Johnny's feelings - boo fucking hoo.

Ditto on the girls, poor self esteem = not assertive. Girls eat this shit up, they love feeling and being treated as special, and now they have too much self esteem. Get it? Too much self esteem, now it's the girls who are the bullies. Very assertive, and very very special.

-------------------------

The problem with all of this is everyone expects a cookie for doing what they are supposed to do.

Or

They show up for work ten minutes late and you bitch them out and they say "At least I showed up" Wtf is that for an answer?

#21     Jun 30, 2012
  2. I disagree. I am special. This guy is just jealous.

#22     Jun 30, 2012
  3. I am special but market will not treat me specially. It is same for everyone. If I want special results I should not over confident I should do realistic decisions for trades . Forex market not ignores our mistakes so be special n your performance to take special profits.

#23     Jun 25, 2013