You are not a trader until you ...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by qlai, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Edith.M

Edith.M

You are not a trader until you stop meddling with you stop loss pushing further and in the long run sustain losses.

#21     Oct 5, 2018
  2. sfwind

sfwind

You are not a trader until you know you are only as good as your last trade.

#22     Oct 6, 2018
  3. sle

sle

"Like" :D

#23     Oct 7, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

I'd couch this concept differently, in the form of an unfinished phrase...

You are not a real trader until...

You have traded with real money.

At that point, you have become a "real" trader. Hit or miss, you've entered the lion's den at that point, and you're in it for "the real".

#24     Oct 7, 2018
    _eug_ and PennySnatch like this.
  5. bilbo64

bilbo64

You are not a trader until you are patient enough with your trades and have overcome the grief of your past losses.

#25     Oct 10, 2018
    _eug_ likes this.
  6. smallfil

smallfil

You are not a trader until you can accept that you can be wrong and the market is always right! Look at the mirror at your biggest enemy. It is you!

#26     Oct 10, 2018
    bilbo64 likes this.
  7. Minerva25

Minerva25

you are not a trader until you realise profit and loss are a part of being a trader. once you invest in something there's a 50-50 chance, there's no sure shot answer in a trade.

#27     Oct 18, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  8. drcha

drcha

What is happening now after 10 years of a bull market is that every young pipsqueak thinks they know what they are doing. You're not a trader until you lose some money. As long as you think you are a genius who cannot lose, you're still waiting to become a trader. So, I heartily support the position above: you've got to trade through a really bad market to make it into the club.

#28     Oct 21, 2018
    themickey likes this.
  9. silver182

silver182

A trader can make an OK day Swing trading even on a day like 10-24-2018..see my AAPL trades today..

#29     Oct 24, 2018
  10. Ilgan

Ilgan

You are not a true trader until you lose in the market. I know that some people get heart-broken when they face some losses but they should think of losses as learning curves. These losses will help them grow as mature and experienced traders. So, losses are not that bad of a thing.

#30     Oct 29, 2018