You are more likely to become a top Hollywood actor or popstar than profitable trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lol, meaning? Check the other threads I posted and you see I prove I trade about 40 times that amount notional just on the US indexes alone. I guess its always easy to bs being a complete anonymous idiot without any skin in the game.

#41     Jun 4, 2010
  2. Retief

Retief

Wow, you're dick is so big it has it's own weather pattern, doesn't it? Just a cautionary note, a big ego and impulsive behavior is not usually a good sign in a trader. Where is the post where you identified yourself? Link please. You're just another anonymous asshole to me.

Have you thought this through? What is the reward to risk? The reward is 25K plus a little stroke to your already massively sized ego. The risk? What if you do get your ass kicked? Sometimes people die from severe beatings. You claim to be a rich jerk already, so the reward to you is waaay on the low side, considering the risk you're taking.

You also might want to to review the thread, the 25K challenge is from Ghost of Cutten, not from me.

#42     Jun 4, 2010
  3. i dont have time to read through this thread completely, especially not this one. My offer stands. Plus, do your own homework, you apparently are not the one with the track record which qualifies, so I dont expect to see your track record, so please dont ask me to show how to do a simple search buddy. By the way, big balls help a lot sometimes, as long as I can back up my claims. I published my last calls in real-time, with stops, with size. Everything else is up to your imagination. I have nothing else to prove to you.

P.S.: It's "your" not "you're", English language is not my native language, but its really not that hard.

#43     Jun 4, 2010
  4. Retief

Retief

In your last sentence "its" should be "it's". As you noted, it is really not that hard.

#44     Jun 4, 2010
  5. You said "In my over 15 years in finance and 10 years in professional bank trading environment have I not seen a single successful day trader" and I challenged you on that, then you changed it to requiring a whole 10 consecutive years of daytrading profits.

I am saying that there are traders who are consistent and successful at daytrading. At no point did I say I had daytraded exclusively for 10 consecutive years, let alone needlessly spent money getting a full audit each year (audit requirements where I lived were for >1.5 mill annually, and I have no clients, so why would I spend time and money to do that?), or kept 10 year old account statements.

Oh, and it is easy to make 20% per annum - 10k to 100k in a decade is >20%, for example, and I did that in my first year. Daytrading is usually done with small amounts of capital, and is usually not very scalable, so % returns are not really a useful metric.

In short - it's possible to be a successful and consistent daytrader. If you wish to bet a worthwhile sum against that proposition, let us know and we can discuss reasonable - not ludicrously demanding and unrealistic - terms for that bet. If not, then you should accept that your claims are wrong and you aren't willing to back them up.

I will just state that I have 7 significantly profitable years daytrading, and one moderate down year early in the last decade. I class that as successful and consistent. My daily win rate has been high, rarely having any down months, and % return on capital is very good. And there are many daytraders out there much better at it than me. The main problem is it is hard to scale - I would make no more with $5 million in my account than with $100k - so after a certain point it becomes better to work on position trading and investing. After a certain account size is reached, 20% compound return on capital for 10 years will make more than 6 figures each year with no scalability.

#45     Jun 4, 2010
  6. if you are talking about this then I can laugh. But hey, I make it easy for you, no need for audited statements, send me your track record over the past 10 years, broker statements are sufficient. Especially when they are emailed directly from your broker.

#46     Jun 4, 2010
  7. I did not change a thing. I dont even remember I ever talked with you about anything related to this before. But please feel free to paste the conversation we had in regards to this and how I changed my words. I talked to "schizo" but please feel free to take me up on my offer. Any issues with that?

But hey, I am not a dick, so only for you we make it 7 years so that before me and everyone else you can claim your grand price, given you show me that you made an annualized 20% return over the 7 years which you claimed you traded.

#47     Jun 4, 2010
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Cutten,

Clearly define the object of the bet, sign a written contract with Asiaprop and win that bet.

#48     Jun 4, 2010
  9. Mercor

Mercor

How do you measure percent?

ES mini500 value appx $50,000, Margin avg $1,000

You get a 10 point profit = $500

Profit percent on actual risk $50K = 1%
    Profit percent on equity = 50%

50% regular return on equity is not unreasonable

#49     Jun 4, 2010
  10. ouch, seems like some of our day trading friends got burned, or still get roasted, "put in a reversal - shit - stopped out" "try again - shit- again stopped out - damn".......or maybe too busy watching their 20-30 different stocks on the 50 tick or sub 1minute chart to know when the RSI(14) hits 30, lol. Sorry, just could not help it.

#50     Jun 4, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.