You are more likely to become a top Hollywood actor or popstar than profitable trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 99% of traders aren't publicized. Don't believe the hype of of the now defunct Trader Monthly.

#31     Jun 4, 2010
  2. schizo

schizo

Make that 20 years. PM me your address and phone number and I'll deliver my statements for the last 10 years in person. But note that I'm personally going to kick your ass when I show up at your door.

#32     Jun 4, 2010
  3. How much are you willing to bet on that?

#33     Jun 4, 2010
  4. markcfd

markcfd

Don't tell him you are going to kick his arse.
    See if he is willing to give out his details to a genuine offer.
    One would suggest he should be open to the offer as he seems to think everyone else should give him their details to prove him wrong.

PS kick his arse when you get there :p

#34     Jun 4, 2010
  5. No, but it's nice to take a good sum off a cocky blowhard by winning a proposition bet. Obviously for less than about $25k it's not really worth the hassle because you know they will squeal about fake statements, photoshop etc, so you have to pay 5-10k for lawyers for escrow, an accountant etc. Still, if anyone is willing to risk $25k (preferably more) to bet there are no successful short-term traders, I am happy to take their money.

#35     Jun 4, 2010
  6. How much are you willing to bet against someone being able to display consistent profitability from intraday trading?

#36     Jun 4, 2010
  7. a) first you seem to confuse day trading with position trading. By your own admission you stated you position trade, so you are by definition not flattening your book by the end of the day.

b) you are blatantly ignoring broker statistic. Out of 100 day traders 95 fail early over the course of several month. They are very afraid to state the full statistics, nor can they because many traders who are in the business longer than a few months tend to change brokers once in a while or dont execute through one single broker. Stating that 1 out of 4 or 5 traders makes it is wishful thinking.

And finally, maybe I misunderstand what day trading is all about. Maybe you can educate me about the magic set up that allows a "day trader" to monitor a single stock or two on 1 or 2 screens without having to be vigilant throughout the whole trading session. Maybe you know the magic formula that makes some day traders trade off their sofa or from the beach in a relaxed state, knowing their stops before hand, and taking life easy, living a healthy life style. I have not hear such nor have I ever seen anyone practicing such life style and I am pretty convinced it wont work that way.

But keep on calling me delusional and ignorant. You seem to be the guy in the know. I would never set foot into any of those pathetic trading arcades in London or NYC but what I have seen on youtube was some wanna be "day traders" cursing all day, with coffee stains on their t-shirts, no education whatsoever, and getting night after night rejected by girls in night clubs whom those magic rain makers tried to convinced they are the next hero. But hey, must be that all the successful day traders are trading from home or at other shops. ;-)

#37     Jun 4, 2010
  8. Retief

Retief

Translation: asiaprop may be a big swinging dick, but he's afraid to put up the 25 grand.

#38     Jun 4, 2010
  9. I take that risk, PM me, I even pay for your first class airline ticket and hotel to the city in Asia I live. You made the offer, I publicly invite you.

P.S.: This offer applies to anyone with a 20%+ annual return track record over 10 years who wants to take a free vacation in one of the coolest cities in the world.

#39     Jun 4, 2010
  10. for someone daytrading over 10 years with a consistent positive track record I am willing to bet a lot against. Take me up on the offer one post above.

#40     Jun 4, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.