You are going to work until you drop dead

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, Jul 19, 2013.

Do you want to work full time while physically and mentally able?

1. Yes. If I have to be a Walmart Greeter I will.

10 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No. The later years are meant for slowing down.

18 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. I don't know.

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. I don't care.

10 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. nitro

nitro

2. Yeah but countries at the low end of the scale like Spain and Greece are broke trying to fund their state pensions. Eventually they will all have to go back to work.

3. Like my late father and his brothers I'll most likely continue working into my 70's because I like it and want to.

As an engineer/programmer I'm a professional problem solver. Why would I want to stop doing what I enjoy so much?

4. Are there any schools to train for walmart greeters, it seems the competition is pretty fierce!

5. What it says - Employment rates among people ages 65 to 69 shows that 29.9% of Americans of those ages are still employed.

What I read - Unemployment rates under Obama for ages 65-69 is over 70%.

6. Are you serious, peil?

Your political zeal has overwhelmed your common sense again.

7. I knew someone would feed me! Trollolol

8. Ah, sorry, didn't realise you we're being silly on purpose...

9. Gyles

Gyles

This raises an interesting question though. Are people working because they want to or because they have to? I would think a lot are working out of need, which is terrible for the US economic outlook in general. America is fast resembling aspects of the 3rd world.

10. nitro you're leaving out logical options on your poll. Like on this one, yes I like working and want to do something productive most of my life, Or I like staying busy, Or I love my work I can't imagine not working at least part time.
    I know some old farts who are very well off financially and are still working some, not because they need the money but because it makes their life better.
    My grandmother worked till in her 80's helping take care of "old people" as she put it. I don't know if she even got paid for it but she liked staying busy and helping people.

#10     Jul 24, 2013