You and I May Be Living in a Giant Hologram

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by killthesunshine, Jan 4, 2010.

1. http://www.amazon.com/Holographic-U...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262658276&sr=8-1

Beats exploring Truth via religious dogma. Imagine science taking its rightfull place as the religion followed by all humankind. I'm for that.

Consider an analogy of sound propogation applied to light. Sound is nothing but subtle fluctuations of air pressures that are created by a source, invoke vibrating in a diaphragm and "sensed" ...right. The medium is air; our atmosphere, like our goldfish bowl. Now what is that medium for photons? I mean between the source and the retina, what is it that photons propogate on, in, from, or with? That holographic universe concept probably explains it.

#11     Jan 4, 2010
  2. Hologram that gives out sensory info!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y-P1zZAcPuw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y-P1zZAcPuw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#12     Jan 4, 2010
  3. Illum

Illum

Thx for givin it a shot nitro. :) It's my own fault for dosing off in science class. Stumbled upon this slide show, not sure if I am in the same area of topic as the article, or if I have gone off the deep end, but... it is interesting in its own right if I have strayed from holographic implications. A fascinating point from this slide show, -in order to increase your consciousness and your energy you must first.. lose or lower these two things. Ego and fear. Now where have I heard that before? Ah yes, from successful traders. Pretty neat.

http://www.mybigtoe.com/TorontoWorkshopSlides.pdf

#13     Jan 4, 2010
  4. bronks

bronks

!OMEGA!

Interesting. If we take the holographic universe literally, then what is the source? Is it a true mirrored projection or is it merely an assembling device? Or have I run off the tracks...

I watched an interview with Deepak Chopra where he states we are all just part of a central consciousness that ebbs and flows. Who's controlling what here. It's amazing how all these concepts of physical science, space/time, spirituality (notice I left out religion) seem to ooze together the more intelligent we get of ourselves and our surroundings.

#14     Jan 4, 2010
  5. Maybe we are living in some kind of "Matrix"?

Maybe there is a God and he could be the one controlling the holographic projector.

If we are just 3D holograms of ourselves, then how do we really look like?

#15     Jan 4, 2010
  6. The problem with answers that have God concepts at their center is the question can always be asked, "how did it come about?" That is unanswerable ...and I don't accept "its always been"

Its got to be one of those two things Bronks, it seems to me.
    When you think about the energies that are atoms then the holographic model proposal just seems to follow from it. Its not even that amazing when it just makes sense that how else could it be? Atomic structures contain more space by a long shot than solid; enough where particles pass through them. Holograms are essentially light which is what the universes' mass is. Recall E=MC^2 just says that matter and energy are just different phases like water and ice. There are no words that can convey what a ( ...insert inadequate word here) the universe and existence is to behold.

#16     Jan 5, 2010
  7. Looking at the question again, I wouldn't bestow that authority on anybody. What is the SOURCE? If Einstein himself presumed to take the mystery out of existence by thinking HE had THAT answer I wouldn't even buy it from him.

#17     Jan 5, 2010
  8. reading these theories/ideas is annoying because these guys come up with a new weird ass theory/idea every month, I don't know why, maybe just to keep their sorry asses in business, I mean if newscientist didn't publish delusional crap like this they wouldn't be in business would they

why don't they publish this crap when they have actually gathered sufficient data that supports their notion/theory

I've been hearing these nonsense new age physics crap ever since elementary, it's very stupid to live on delusion and false hope, and it's funny that this whole country lives in delusion and false hope, in elementary school they would fill our minds with crap like flying cars, teleportation, space travel, living on mars and other stupid crap that was supposed to be available in the first decade of the 21th century, I mean we dumped religion to come up with what?, new form of crap

#18     Jan 5, 2010
  9. Yes this was proven by hinduism and Buddhism 2500 years ago, and pple are still studying so called "science".

#19     Jan 5, 2010
  10. Illum

Illum

I tried searching around on this my big toe guy, he looks like a complete fraud, scam artist. He says he is some kind of nuclear scientist, but never mentions the school he attended. Some reviews have him working at Nasa... part time. On what god only knows. Complete garbage, digging around looks like I dug up some complete crap.

#20     Jan 5, 2010