Yo, trendline guys

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by IronFist, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Definitely.

and for short term upside I'm watching the downtrend line drawn in this 15m chart
    (the thick red line)

#41     Jun 27, 2007
  2. you have to look over at the left to see where the price stopped and started in the crowd, I like to draw off the support and resistance that has been tested in the bunch of trades that took place, may seem random but if you look you'll see that a canlde stopped and then price went thru and then tested that candle low in the crowd and sometimes more then once, so I use that as an area, other times its a long term low like today, look at the chart I put up on 6/23/07 the last line was at 13350 the low of the hammer on 6/08/07 it stopped and turned there today

these are areas of support and resistance on long term charts

30day 30minute

20day 30 minute

15d 15 min

10d 10 min

but I use the 1d 1 min and the 2 and 3 day 3 minute charts for trading because you can see where the better support is realtime and if it lines up with a longer term line then I trade it

#42     Jun 27, 2007
  3. response is above, forgot to quote you

#43     Jun 27, 2007
  4. see attached

#44     Jun 27, 2007
  5. [​IMG]

if you look in the yellow oval it looks random but keep looking to the left and then look in the circle again, you'll see that price stopped more then 3 times in there and that just held as resistance

#45     Jun 27, 2007
  6. [​IMG]

some places that may be resisitance areas

#46     Jun 27, 2007
  7. [​IMG]

here it is with a red trendline that meets a resistance area

#47     Jun 27, 2007
  8. [​IMG]

heres the same chart with the ma's on it no trendlines

#48     Jun 27, 2007
  9. [​IMG]

ran right into that red line from yesterday and the resistance that went with it

#49     Jun 28, 2007
  10. The R is from last Thursday. There was a bit of volume traded in 13550-13600 then, and pretty much all this week the price was underneath. There was another dynamic taking place at the same time today-- breaking out above Tues & Weds high. Even with the relatively large amount of trading activity today, the advance got nowhere.

It is just a coincidence that the trendline ran into this area today. The masses make trades based on prices, not trendlines.

#50     Jun 28, 2007