Ym

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by BlueStreek, Oct 9, 2006.

1. djxput

djxput

Newb post ...

How does ninja trader help with trading the YM ...

I have the demo of ninja trader here; havn't bought it or anything yet but the trading part looks interesting ...

Does it show you the book basically where the limit orders are at etc and then you just push a button and you buy or sell here and there? (I can see how that would be alot easier if your doing alot of trading ie scalping etc ...)

is that how it works or am I off here?

#21     Oct 10, 2006
  2. djxput

djxput

CBOT has gold and free r/t quotes too if I remember right ...

CBOT is cool :)

#22     Oct 10, 2006
  3. i guess the only places (so far) to trade the base metals directly like copper is comex, kitco....or am i missing something on ib?

#23     Oct 10, 2006
  4. rcj

rcj

Yes, thats the idea. But, remember traders will come in suddenly with 20 to 300 contract market orders and then .....

Best to be prepared to act very fast.

... rj

#24     Oct 10, 2006
  5. rcj

rcj

#25     Oct 10, 2006
  6. i e-mailed ib...they have palladium products through nymex....and nymex has copper...so ib should have a copper product asap...if they don`t already....fidelity is going to bring on futures trading some time next year..... found that out today....trying to pick up some yhoo today but i wanted 24.30...it teased my order 24.32...but tomorrow i will try and pic some up at 24.18-24.25 range as it could go lower but....i can make money off that price for a position/swing trade.....eventually....as who knows with yahoo management they could turn around and buy facebook....and the stock could go down to 22.80-23.00...great platform...shitty management....i could monetize their financial web presence for an easy billion if they gave me 6 months of total freedom....first thing i do is switch back their message boards......then stop wasting ad space on yahoo personals....this is prime ad space that can/should be sold for revenue....they already screwed up with their whole pay platform....people like free...myspace/craig`s list when it comes to relationships:)

#26     Oct 10, 2006
  7. rcj

rcj

ck out PEIX .... been lots of shorts.

Blue ... do you have your IB acct set up?

.. rj

#27     Oct 11, 2006
  8. nope...i`m doing this ach with my bank and ib has been slow 4 days now ....they have to credit/debit.....so i will probably be up and trading thursday afternoon with ib....plus it has been tough scraping this 10,000 grand together for this futures account....so i am still waiting for checks to clear at my bank.....it sucks to be this poor....where everything is done "the slow way"....but that`s the state of my affairs right now....hopefully....i can make some great decisions, have no unfortunate brakes that are out of my control....and move money around between accounts and banks like a freakin rock star....or a hitman.....lol

#28     Oct 11, 2006
  9. rcj

rcj

If you're in the US and IB shows the funds arrived then it shouldnt be much longer.

#29     Oct 11, 2006
  10. oh yeah peix....i imagine that stock has quite a short squeeze about now...just not sure what news coulld turn it for a nice pop....as I think oil looks week to at least 55 here....bad for ethanol stocks....unless bill gates invests more dough in this dog....or adm....gets some favorable legislation tacked on to some bill like the anti-gaming lobbists did last week! I know they have to cover some time....but i just don`t think they even have good product....as brazilian sugar////whatever is cheaper....and hydrogen fuel cells looks like its doable in 5 years if oil remains high...ok maybe 8 years.....but i think oil will come down lower...its not in saudi`s interests to have expensive oil.....otherwise we start looking for alternatives....that whole ethaol play seemd like a midwestern political screw job to the tax-payers....can`t transport that shit in pipes...corrodes them....bill gates has been an idiot as soon as th govt. clamped down on his nutes....and he decided married life was healthier than prison....he has been such a pussy....and msft....as well....practically caused entire nasdaq 16th month low by delaying the vista upgrade cycle in mid-july---money was running out of tech in july....i know dell sure got screwed by the delays....and balmer sucks....he is just there b/c gates doesn`t want an outsider running msft....but he should have been fired....those shareholders got screwed for the last 5 years:) nice pickup at 22 a share though and hold through vista release for 2 qtrs then sell it and look for another easy 12 dollar per share price appreciation....that was a smart trade rcj:)

#30     Oct 11, 2006