YM Trading Competition

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Ripley, Aug 5, 2005.

1. 1. how many participants would be involved?

Looking for someone else, 1.

2. In the proposed period, how late in the period could a person enter with his initial capital of 10,000.

No late entries.

3. how many traders could one person be allowed to bank roll?

4. if a person were to bankroll others, would he be able to coach them?

Yes, of course.

5. As an alternative to 2. above, if it were required for all to begin at the same time, could there be a moving target goal of some specified graphically illustrated ceiling that could be broken through to cause all others to pay up the prize?

No moving target goals.

6. Would you condier having the winnings donated to a 501 (C) (3) type thing instead of just someone who already knows how to make a lot of money?

That is a possibility.

7. Why not start when we come out of the summer doldrums and then let the end be during the summer months when most skills are required? Sort of a good way to separate the classes in the fleet of racers.

I suck at trading. I may even go one step further and say that I am not even a trader. My goal is to have my A++ game by the time january rolls arond, and it is good for tax purposes.

8. How about everyone trading out of the same IB who monitors and gives us a standard bulletin on accounts?

But the same Introducing Broker might not support the same platforms that different people are familiar with.

9. Would there be a way the poorer traders could have their accounts brought back to a good winning level by setting up small groups (like foursomes in golf) to play out the last half of the contest based upon a handicapping established by the first half of the contest? A foursome of 1 and 2 with n-1 and n. I guess that screws the breakeven foursomes right off, though.
    10. finally, a long contest with repeated handicapping of foursomes would be the nuts for getting people to really make the money laying around out there. Check out the one point a day loser thread running now.

Yeah, it screws it right off.... NO.

#31     Aug 8, 2005
  2. My objective is to be looked upon with RESPECT (and a little envy wouldn't hurt either) by all the other "Elite"Traders. :D

#32     Aug 8, 2005
  3. milstar

milstar

Ripley wrote ....

My objective -respect from ET

Try contact Dr.Norman Zade by www.perfectten.com

He was responsible for USA real money trading champ and
    knew persons as Martin Buzzy
    Schwartz/futures/,Lederer /Poker/,Markowitz /Nobel price
    winner / &

Author suspect ,that if you make from 50 k$ some 550 k$
    per year ,that would be enough for respect and publication .

Best wish

#33     Aug 8, 2005
  4. Good Lord !!!.. I was joking.

Do you know what "pun" is?

#34     Aug 8, 2005
  5. ozzy

ozzy

Ripley this challenge is absurd. First off what If your opponent turns 10K to 1M. Last I checked 10% x 1M = 100K. You don't need to prove anything to anyone on this board. If you make it in this business keep quiet and enjoy your life.

ozz

P.S the better I get the less ppl will here of my trading activities.
    P.P.S (Another point) First you should become an accomplished trader before you feel the need to challenge the world.

#35     Aug 8, 2005
  6. lol. oh the naive youth of today.

#36     Aug 8, 2005
  7. Then what is stopping me from doing the same? If someone could do that I am more than happy to pay them all of 100K that they won. And it is not like they would turn 10K into a mill. overnight and thus, I think it would make me strive for more on all those days that they make more than me. To be able to "strive for more" is the key for me to get involved in a competition such as this.

Then again, I think it will be hard for me to find someone to take up on this offer though because if you are wildly successful, you don't want anyone to see what you are making and is perfectly happy and content with what you make and what everyone else thinks about you.

Then the losing traders wouldn't want to take up this offer because they don't want to publicly embarass themselves.

Then those people that are in between and make a little, but not a lot don't want to compete because that would mean that they lose even more of what oh so little that they might make.

Thus, looks like I will be competing with myself. :cool:

#37     Aug 8, 2005
  8. ozzy

ozzy

Hey.

If you believe this is going to help your trading then go for it. Personally I think it draws unwanted attention and pressure to perform.

Good Luck and Best Wishes
    ozzy

P.S You can't teach a blind man to see.

#38     Aug 8, 2005
  9. Ripley,

You better stop it right now...u r having too much fun...

#39     Aug 9, 2005
  10. Ripley,

Thanks so much for your replies.

I would be neat to bank roll a small group and run them from novice on up the line. Now that I know your goals, your 1 year reference for duration sure wouldn't be needed to get past the knee of the curve as I see it.

#40     Aug 10, 2005