YM Trading Competition

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Ripley, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Duration: January 01, 2006 through June 30, 2006 (6 months)

Opponent: Ripley

Prize: The loser will match 10% of the winners final account value.

Starting equity: $10,000.00 (set aside living expenses etc, and no withdrawls from the trading account for 6 months)

Restrictions:

1) Strictly day trade and close out all positions at the end of the day.

2) Post your account statements at the end of the day.

3) No restrictions on the size you can trade etc.

Can't think of anything else right now, but feel free to make suggestions.

2. This might be interesting. Are you willing to give a verified financial statement to an unbiased third party (large accounting firm). Just in case you loose so the person knows you can afford to pay the 10%.

3. Sure thing. I play fair and square and will go above and beyond to make sure that I will hold up to my part of the deal.

4. volente_00

volente_00

ripley, if you blow up how will you pay up ?

5. tomcole

tomcole

Ask an insurance agent to arrange a performance bond - but I dont think anyone will post an open-ended bond.

You may need to set a cap on payout

6. Good point.

When and in fact if the account drops to $5,000, that is the shut off point for the loser and make the $5,000 payment to the other party then and there at once.

7. volente_00

volente_00

LOL, This contest is for a year ? And the winner ends up getting 5k / 220 trading days or $22 a day for all this trouble ? The opportunity cost is not worth the time.

8. 5K / 2 days = $ 2,500 per day.

Trust me, if somebody is to blow out, it will happen in the very first week.

Or else, the incentive is to make a lot more money that what you will end up making. Thus, I promise that no one will blow after they survive the 1st week.

9. can we bring our instrument of choice?

or just stocks?

and 1 year really is too long.

10. volente_00

volente_00

Duration: January 01, 2006 through December 31, 2006

clarify the date ????

#10     Aug 5, 2005