YM Traders Unite

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by QMTrader, Jun 5, 2007.

1. or you could send via snail/physical mail...just joking and having fun :D :cool:

#31     Jun 25, 2007
  2. #32     Jun 25, 2007
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

The inefficiency of the posters on this thread is simply amazing! Just set up a chatroom on ET, it takes about 20 seconds, 30 if you are slow. You can make it private if there are too many annoying people in it. End of story...

#33     Jun 25, 2007
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Someone already did.

#34     Jun 25, 2007
  5. wow Mark great post, yes it appears we have some real "old timers" here relatively speaking that appear to be anti "real time" if you know what i mean. Email is slow and cumbersome in todays fast moving markets. Chat or IM is the way to go, for those of you advocating email, its 2007 get with the program!

#35     Jun 25, 2007
  6. download mirc from http://www.mirc.co.uk

install, run, etc..

join the /server irc.financialchat.com -> channel #indexfutures

its completely free and usually 70+ traders posting trades and discussing strategies/offtopic banter

#36     Jun 26, 2007
  7. #37     Jul 1, 2007
  8. I believe the YM traders in this thread are looking for a YM only chat room and not a chat room where traders are posting trades in all index futures.

Mark

#38     Jul 1, 2007
  9. rdm239

rdm239

is mirc free?

#39     Jul 2, 2007
  10. IRC is free but there are different softwares (such as mIRC) to log on to IRC.

Some softwares are free while others cost and almost all software have a free trial while some will continue to allow you to use the program after the free trial.

I believe mIRC (shareware) is one of those software's that allows you to continue using the program after the 30 day trial has expired.

You can also do a direct browser log in for those that don't want to use any special software to log onto IRC.

Another good program is Trillian because it can be used for IRC, Yahoo Messanger and a few other chat relay or instant messenger communications.

Mark

#40     Jul 2, 2007