YM Traders Unite

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by QMTrader, Jun 5, 2007.

1. www.TradingRooms.com has great functionality including chart sharing and voice chat. And it's free.

#11     Jun 21, 2007
  2. Why can't we just go to Yahoo or Google Chat ? Do we really need to throw up charts when we're looking at multiple time frames already?
    A YM chatroom sounds great.

#12     Jun 21, 2007
  3. Schaefer

Schaefer

Why should we go anywhere, when we have a chat room here on ET?. Buzz, used to make live calls in the room, it was fun.

FWIW, I'm enjoying the free trial for 10 days at PureTick, right now. Trading is a lonely business, it's good to hear other traders talking about their views, and setups, in real time :)

Schaefer

#13     Jun 21, 2007
  4. djxput

djxput

I think there should be both; a RT chat room then just make a thread here like there used to be and talk about things (charts/trades/strats etc etc).

Im not trading atm just moved to london(for a job) so getting my bearings first and then will start up again.

Ill only be trading part time(job) but will probably swing trade some.

cant wait to get back into it

#14     Jun 22, 2007
  5. QMTrader

QMTrader

When I am trading I don't like to have too many windows open. Want to keep my PC running lean & mean.
    I now have 3-4 traders we email throught the day to share thoughts. We all trade differently, but appreciate each others thoughts.
    Logging on to any other sites is too cumbersome. . . like masterbating with oven mits.

#15     Jun 22, 2007
  6. Surdo

Surdo

Try a microwaved canteloupe instead of an oven mit next time!

el surdo

#16     Jun 22, 2007
  7. djxput

djxput

hehe ... when I was trading I would have at least 10 IE windows open, charting prog, brokers prog, paintshop pro etc ...
    Heck sometimes I would watch a movie on my computer while I was in a trade so I wasnt stuck on every tick.

#17     Jun 22, 2007
  8. Guys now that this has been brought up lets try to organize some type of way for us to get in contact with each other.

Lets be honest, using the forum can be slow and inconvienent, its 2007 and instant messaging or chat is clearly the best option.

Not to knock pure tick but I do not want to pay for a chat room service to talk to other YM traders.

The options:
    AIM
    Yahoo
    Puretick
    Elite trader

I am willing to take steps to get something organized.

#18     Jun 24, 2007
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'll participate if you end up choosing the ET chat. Not saying I wouldn't show up else where but I'm already here much of the time anyway.

#19     Jun 24, 2007
  10. Don't forget IRC...several rooms already there.

Mark

#20     Jun 24, 2007