YM Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Adamned, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Adamned

Adamned

did not take that trade. Its a bummer for me. but what can you do. i do a lot of work with intrest rates and the rates market closes at 3pm so i cant trade without them in the last hour of the equtiy session.

#41     Feb 13, 2007
  2. I dont trade YM, but nice journal. I'll continue to follow.

Since it is one of your criteria, can you include volume when posting your charts?
    Method seems simple, but for some reason I'm having trouble seeing the set-ups for the horizontal line. I'll catch it in the next couple of days.

#42     Feb 13, 2007
  3. Adamned

Adamned

I'm happy you enjoy the journal that is my intention. Any way I would like to clarify something very important about volume. This is a main reason most non professionals fail. Volume is not the little bars that say volume on the bottom of the chart. volume is not an obv oscillator or money flow oscillator. Volume is volume at price. Also The aggressiveness of the ratio between participants on the bid and on the ask. Kind of like watching size when tape reading or level II analysis. This is the difference what makes one a professional, they know which patterns will work because of the volume. This is where experience pays because you know how to accurately read volume. here is great website that explains these concepts. Steenbarger also has some good articles on this as well. If you google it you bring up something.

www.marketdelta.com/

#43     Feb 13, 2007
  4. I'll follow your journal - I like the way you describe your intention and the strategies used.

Keep up the good work,

Hamrawein:D

#44     Feb 13, 2007
  5. bidask

bidask

lol it seems to be having an effect. when i think about my precious soldiers i lose the urge to put on a trade. i get the "it ain't worth it" feeling.

#45     Feb 13, 2007
  6. Adamned

Adamned

The one thing that really irritates me has just happened. If you have read this journal you know I enter on the retest to the breakout point on the dow cash. I use the cash because by the time the cash fills usually the future over shoots. thats how I avoid slippage and almost guarantee a fill on limit. Well today only the future retested the breakout point, and the cash just missed it. So I'm left behind eating dust because I won't chase and I need to enter on limit. And the whole setup is in the toilet for me because I don't trade when the rates markets close.

#46     Feb 13, 2007
  7. Adamned

Adamned

heres the cash chart

#47     Feb 13, 2007
  8. bidask

bidask

you were trying to short today? i need to know more about how you're drawing the lines.

#48     Feb 13, 2007
  9. bidask

bidask

btw what is the time increment on your charts?

oops nevermind i see they are 1 minute charts.

#49     Feb 13, 2007
  10. Both cash and YM chart you show us look like they have the pullback you are talking about.... Cash may not have touched exactly but that is a human drawn line. You should give or tick a few ticks on that line touch.

#50     Feb 13, 2007