YM inverse Head & Shoulder NOW!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Rickshaw Man, Aug 25, 2005.

1. SETTING UP!

2. haha...

Now its a head, shoulder and a tail. We are in a 5 point range. This has got to be the smallest range I've ever seen.

3. I agree

4. I was looking at a weekly Dow Jones Industrials Index chart. Their are periods were it gets stuck in 1-3% ranges for years. IMO with our national and consumer debt we may be entering into such a period. Their is just no money coming in to drive it, of coarse with terror on the rise that might present more opportunities.

5. newbunch

newbunch

When did that happen?

6. Can you pull up a weekly chart going back to 1950?

7. newbunch

newbunch

I downloaded all the DJIA data from Yahoo going back to 1928. Then I looked for the smallest 12 month range.

The smallest 12 month range was August 51 to July 52 where the low was 254.7 and the high was 280.25 for a 10% range.

Again, where do you see "periods were it gets stuck in 1-3% ranges for years?"

8. I have to update the ignore list, this guy has been pretty bad on his calls the past couple months.

9. U.S. equities were in a pretty tight band from 1976 to 1979. There were also a few instances in the 1950's and 1960's when the market moved very little over several months as it stair-stepped higher.

As I recall, periods of little movement (10% or less based on monthly prices) in U.S. equities prevailed about 10% of the time since 1930.