YM in a Can

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ElectricSavant, May 3, 2004.

1. Looks like the short is doing well. Hope it holds till the close...yeah yeah I know about HOPE...

Michael B.

P.S. I am getting many interesting PM's and I am thinking about tracking/posting 2 equations to see which one works best. But I know ME and if I make this hard for me I will quit posting as it becomes a chore.

P.S.S. I still think this trade should have a target (trailing stop), as I really don't want to give back 90 plus points in the run up towards the close.

#41     May 6, 2004
  2. new calc coming after 16:00cst/17:00est

Michael B.

#42     May 6, 2004
  3. see attached

Michael B.

P.S. Two trades for $85.00/contract (no slippage or commish)

#43     May 6, 2004
  4. System carried a net SHORT from 10258 into the next session.

Old long reversal bracket 10281
    New Brackets 10307,10179

Michael B.

#44     May 6, 2004
  5. T-REX

T-REX

i have not had time to do all the work you have done but check out today's price triggers............dead on the $$$.

I have found that if you trade off of a 15min chart and use the RSID as an initial stop loss it increases the odds of riding it out and trailing the position a little easier.:cool:

have a nice weekend.

T-REX

#45     May 6, 2004
  6. #46     May 6, 2004
  7. I was told today that this is not Cama that I am trading in a PM. It is just Pivots and some lines to draw.

Michael B.

P.S. I really do not know what to think. All I know is to just execute the sys. Perhaps this sys can just draw its own lines in the sand, and by the time everyone figures it out we will make some money. I did note how it did not reverse when rising up to h3 today. It nicely turned back around in our direction. So which formula is correct? It must be tested. In any case this is not my work or my formula (s), let me make that clear. I will make it my own however with the tweaks I/We discover.

P.S.S. Now if I can figure out how to read Harry's work, I would be so happy. Does anybody have trouble reading what I am posting? Is it clear?

#47     May 6, 2004
  8. mark1

mark1 Guest

so, I'm not the only one, :p I thought I was the only dork who can't understand Harry's stuff.

You are very clear to me

Keep up the good work !!!

#48     May 6, 2004
  9. Thanks Mark1

Harry and T-Rex, do you post your levels daily? Could you compare your results here if you have time. I suppose you would not share any suggestions would you? If you take day for day results and put them along side this journal from its inception, how much more did you make per contract in the YM? This is a sincere question, and by no means a challenge? I really think the free exchange of ideas and NOT the commercial aspects are at issue here as I know you want to help others in this hard profession. And I know you would not use ET for free advertising.

I am leaving h1/h2 and L1/L2 levels in the equation as they will provide points to enter in audible alerts to "get ready or to wake up" for you "speaker in the bedroom" traders ....:) They are not used to "trade off of" for the YM yet.

I have looked at another formula and I do not see the difference(it gives the same #'s). It was PM'd to me by 2 other traders:

HL5 = (hi/lo)*close
    HL4 = ( ((hi/lo)+0.83)/1.83 ) *close
    HL3 = ( ((hi/lo)+2.66)/3.66 ) *close
    LL5 = close - (HL5-close)
    LL4 = close - (HL4-close)
    LL3 = close - (HL3-close)

They claim this gives different #'s, What am I missing?

Michael B.

P.S. I hope this helps. There is no ego here, please folks contribute your thoughts. I just have a time problem and need to arrive. I have got nothing to hide and am sharing everything I know.

#49     May 6, 2004
  10. net Long from 10179 (short reversal brackets at 10265, 10137)

Michael B.

P.S. The price rose quickly back up within 2 points(10263) of giving some more money. I do not want to change the sys, but make note to consider placing entries/exits a few ticks above/below levels (treat the levels as bands with a plus/minus 1-3 tick variance).

#50     May 7, 2004