YM in a Can

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ElectricSavant, May 3, 2004.

1. First you complain its over complicated, now you want to get drunk?

Michael B.

#351     May 25, 2004
  2. Ebo

Ebo

If I drink twice as many Heinekins on wider range days I have a bigger buzz on the narrower range days. I also discovered a guarantee to make 100% return. If I buy the Beer-in-a Can in a .05 cent deposit state and return the cans to Michigan for .10 I have doubled my money. Unfortunately I have to HEDGE the cost of oil in my new Equation to transport my CANS.
    I may try this live tonight.
    Any thoughts how I can hedge OIL-in-a CAN VS my Beer cans?

PS: I will pay .025/can to pick up locally.

PSS: I am willing to backtest Beer consumption.

PSSS: If we drink Amstel Light on the wider range days we can keep carbs low without changing the integrity of the third Equation.

#352     May 25, 2004
  3. Ebo,

Thank you for the considerable thought and time you put into your post. (I liked the one about backtesting beer consumption)

Michael B.

#353     May 25, 2004
  4. ddog

ddog

I think that one has already been tried by Newman and Kramer. As I recall, it didn't work out too well.:p

#354     May 25, 2004
  5. Ebo

Ebo

They used a mail truck!
    I am serious. If you incorporate the trend and Hedge Spot OIL vs July, you have a perfect BEER/OIL arb. The Beer will always yield .10 in MI. You just have to stay on top of your gasoline consumption VS. the Futures. I just need a few people to help me backtest. I can not possibly do it alone.

PS: There tends to be a beer drinking cycle.

PSS: We may be able to utilize a "WAVE" pattern of drinking.

PSS: I am going for a swim in the Ocean.

#355     May 25, 2004
  6. Well, You could move to a border town on your quest to backtest.

Michael B.

Headline reads: Day trader with an edge is arrested for trash digging in the evenings. Finally the "trader from the gulch" is caught!

#356     May 25, 2004