YM Daytraders- how many points?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by runningman, Dec 7, 2007.

1. For those of you who trade YM, how many points do you target on an average move? How many do you usually get per trade? I've been averaging 8-10, and I'm not sure if that's good bad or average, with nothing to compare it to. Thanks for the input.

2. darren

darren

If you can do that consistenly I think thats great its hard to compare to what other people make cause it depends on risk taking. Say if you make the 8-10 consistenly on 1 lot then just up the volume size and u should be all right. What type of setups do you use?

3. 40 in YM and .40 in DIA. Unless I think it might be a trend day.

4. Don't put too much merit into comparing your average YM gain with someone else unless you two are using the exact same strategy.

As for myself, when I was trading YM, I was averaging about 15 points and I didn't use fixed targets.

My targets varied from trade to trade depending upon the volatility.

I no longer trade YM. I now trade ER2.

Often it's not all right for most traders to increase their position size mainly due to a lack in understanding position size management.

Mark

5. I've been messing around with a 20 period MA of the NYSE TICK and fading it when it gets to +/-300 TICKS. I'm still working on setups, but was just wondering what was considered "good" or "average" to give me a rough starting point.

6. that is great...take 8-10 points per trade X's trading 5,10,20,30 contracts at a time and that is serious $$$$...great job trading the YM...how many trades and how many contracts do you trade per day, trading the YM?

7. I'm just working on my system now, so only trading 1 contract. I would papertrade it, but I've found it more realistic testing with real $$.