YM daytrade beginner advice

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by newguy05, Feb 14, 2008.

1. I would like to start trading this market, but can't justify paying $60.00 to collect and have access to just one symbol?

What is the latest word for the possibility of the $60.00 fee just for the YM being reduced or rebundled?

#21     Feb 16, 2008

2. $60 a month is nothing, if you cant pay that how can you afford to trade YM? it's $5 move for 1 point for 1 contract. You could lose $50 in a few sec trading just 1 contract. Besides the datafeed give you access to not just YM, but all other futures too like ES, NQ

EDIT: also if you goto mirusfutures.com, you can sign up for a free demo account, which will let you get the zen-fire datafeed for FREE! although i dont know how long it lasts, i have been using it for a week without problem
    -----------------

Btw does anyone know why the future commission is so expensive though? It seems the cheapest comission i can find is around $4.26 just for 1 contract trade . That's a lot more expensive than options or stocks. You are losing almost 1 point every trade just to comissions. Why do they charge so much?

IB has 1 Roundturn = $4.26 that means it cost $4.26 to execute 1 YM contract order to enter + execute 1 YM contract order to exit right?

#22     Feb 16, 2008

3. It does not run 7/24
    It runs 7:15PM to 4:30PM EST Sunday-Friday

#23     Feb 16, 2008

4. How come only till noon?

#24     Feb 16, 2008
  5. what $60 fee are you referring to?

#25     Feb 16, 2008