YM and YM options expiring on the same day

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nimo2007, Sep 14, 2007.

1. nimo2007

nimo2007

Hi everybody,

This maybe a silly question, but I need to ask because I've never been in this situation before and I am a bit nervous.

I am long 5 YM Sept 07 contracts and short 5 YM Sept 07 call options. I expect all the call options to be exercised if the market doesn't go down much by expiration day next week (Sept 20), and I don't have any problems with that. However, the YM options and the YM itself will expire on the same day. Would that make any difference on how things work? Will my YM long positions will be "called away" at the end of expiration day (as in stock options) and I don't have to worry about delivery/settlement of the YM contracts the following day?

I've searched the CBOT website but couldn't find any info that can clarify that for me. Anyone with knowledge/experiences please help.

Thank you very much.

2. artes

artes

You may roll Your position, or close and reopen the next monh/3 monts contract....

3. moonmist

moonmist

September 2007 YM and options on September 2007 YM will be settled in cash. The settlement price will be a Special Opening Quotation of the Dow Jones Industrial Average determined on the third Friday of September, 2007.