YM: 24 hour or regular session charts?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by wjk, Oct 13, 2009.

1. wjk

wjk

I recently began trading the YM. I've done some trading at night but mostly trade the regular session.

My question involves support, resistance, 200ma's, 20 ma's, and short period RSI on price charts.

Does the data that begins and ends during the regular session take precedence over the 24 hour data? I don't think it matters on 5 minute or shorter, but would be curious to know how other traders view this. When the regular session and 24 hour are set side by side there is a substantial difference, especially the 200ma. I would also think that overnight pivots and moves pre-market that would appear as gaps on the regular session charts might be of significance. On the other hand, I would think more traders looking at regular session charts would give ma's and other indicators more significance during that session.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

2. 24 hour sessions more often then not plays a huge roll in S/R zones. Not sure about indicators don't use any. I have been trading off the premarket S/R areas for years now, also can make good trendlines off of them.

TT