yhoo will announce layoffs this week during conf call

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by xxxskier, Jan 27, 2008.

1. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

listen to the earnings call after the close on 1/29.

this is what the street has been waiting for at yhoo. a 10% - 20% cut.

re earnings, they will meet or beat. if they give good forward guidance and the market isn't selling off, yhoo should be up wed. morning.

2. Yahoo has a horrid managment team

3. I keep shorting on the rallies. Yahoo is going to take another big dump soon.

4. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

oh, i probably shouldn't do this, going against my better judgement to make predictions.......but oh well....

tomm. after the bell in YHOO's earnings call they will not only announce a layoff but will also report a very strong Q4 and will raise guidance. yhoo shorts will be suprised on wed. morning.

5. So they gonna shit the bed or will they manipulate this higher? D-day for this old "tech giant"

6. But, but.....alibaba, Fast Money guys loves it at $30+. They said it would go so high.....I'll buy at $15 for a trade.:)

7. S2007S

S2007S

yhoo down google following.....

8. Retired

Retired

My guess is Yahoo will get bought out sometime this year.

Could be either Microsoft or Murdoch.

9. Retired

Retired

If Yahoo decides to sell, I won't be surprised if a media company comes in to start a bidding war. Things could get interesting.

10. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

a P.E. firm was about to make a bid for yhoo this week as well.

this will come out soon in the press.

yhoo BOD won't let it go easily. it will have to go to a shareholder vote...and that won't happen until June, the next shareholder meeting. yhoo has a posion pill clause that triggers at 15% ownership., the corp. bylaws prevent any special shareholder meetings held outside the regularly scheduled annual meeting in June.

a good chance that yhoo ceo and BOD will try to negotiate with the PE firms, now seen as a white knight. even if msft ends up with yhoo in June, it will go for more then the 31 per share offer.

mark this post and come back in June.

#10     Feb 1, 2008