yhoo vs msft which is a better buy?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by abducens, Feb 8, 2008.

1. dsq

dsq

dont know about that ...it will mean that msft will have to raise their bid higher for yhoo.In which case msft may go down even more.

#11     Feb 9, 2008
  2. dinoman

dinoman

The Micrsoft stake in Face book was 200 Mil.

#12     Feb 9, 2008

3. that's only for a small stake in facebook. Full value is 15 bill

#13     Feb 9, 2008
  4. hajimow

hajimow

Their offer was take it or leave it. One theory was that they knew their offer will not pass security so they wanted to have high bod on YHOO so no one could buy YHOO cheap and this way, YHOO will not be bought.

#14     Feb 10, 2008
  5. Bootsie

Bootsie

It'll be a take it or leave it deal only if MSFT doesnt' change their mind...

I bought some MSFT on Friday afternoon just on technicals alone. I figure it looked to be putting in some kinda of bottom...
    not to mention, a bit oversold - just looking for a bounce.

The news on Fri. said the YHOO board would take the next week or so to make a decision so I went ahead with the purchase thinking I was in the clear.

I think the ball will now be in MSFT's court. Do they raise the bid???? I think that's the question.

If MSFT drops or gaps down on the open Monday, then the market will be under the impression that they are willing to pay more - if MSFT pops up, then the opposite will be true.

Just an opinion.

#15     Feb 10, 2008
  6. If msft is not going to raise their offer then I would expect yhoo price to drop unless another bidder is coming.

#16     Feb 12, 2008
  7. Egodude

Egodude

YHOO
    I think microsoft will up their offer.

#17     Feb 12, 2008