YHOO - the bull case

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by xxxskier, Sep 17, 2007.

1. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

i forgot to mention that the safest china play is yhoo. read up on alibaba to find out why.

#41     Oct 11, 2007
  2. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

feelin' some pain on your yhoo short, stck_trdr?

i went long at 23 and 24, and you went short.

i'm still holding. how about you?

#42     Oct 17, 2007
  3. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

#43     Oct 17, 2007
  4. I never actually shorted it. I recommended shorting it when it was in the 27-28 range but never shorted any myself. Yahoo still sucks though and it will reverse. Buying time and lowering estimates to rock bottom.

#44     Oct 17, 2007
  5. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

ok. we'll see what happens over time. imo, yhoo may take its time, but it is in a new slow uptrend. i do expect bumps along the way.

#45     Oct 17, 2007
  6. ouch falling lower than last friday's close

#46     Oct 17, 2007
  7. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

my long call on 9/17 is looking good.

most of the posts about yhoo are negative. ET is a great contrarian indicatior. check what's happened in this stock in the last 6 weeks.

a turnaround story and everyone becomes catholic and is waiting for confirmation of the turnaround....except stck_trd3r...who said to go short yhoo when i said to go long at 24.

i'm holding for the long-term.

#47     Oct 22, 2007
  8. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

#48     Oct 25, 2007
  9. dmt_2

dmt_2

I'm with you, i've been in.

People don't seem to see that yahoo is undervalued when factoring in all assets, FCF, and the beginnings of a turnaround story.

And on nov 6 the alibaba ipo (40% of the whole alibaba group is owned by yahoo). The order book gets closed today in HK (friday). Amazing that a US$1.4b ipo has attracted US$100b worth of orders from institutional investors and had to close the order book 3 days early for the Asian and US institutional investors. The retail portion is expected to be oversubscribed 200x.

Did you see the financial info in the prospectus? incredible metrics. alibaba.com is already by far the online b2b leader in china with something close to 70% of the market, with 87% gross margins and earnings trippling each year. Their online auction business is huge too; ebay china couldn't compete and was forced to sell to another competitor. The ipo and the coming year should be very interesting for yahoo. This stock is moving; was 26 last week, broke 30 this week, 31 today and even got close to 32 when the nasdaq was down 2% earlier today. Interesting times.

#49     Oct 25, 2007
  10. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

and the Alibaba.com IPO is just the beginning. The upcoming IPO for Alibaba.com is only one of 5 companies in the Alibaba Group. YHOO owns abut 40% of the group (see the link to the prospectus i posted above). I've heard that Jack Ma plans to have at least one other co. in the group go public by srping 08.

this greatly streagthens yhoo's balance sheet in terms of assets, and in competing with goog and msft yhoo needs a big war chest.

#50     Oct 25, 2007