YHOO - the bull case

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by xxxskier, Sep 17, 2007.

1. the point is that the smaller wave (Daily) is effective only if No conflict with the bigger wave (weekly) IMO
    so for this case this 26.3 is a very top...for a while

those levels are where the stock is not suppose to go through
    at 2 3 and 4 sigma
    4 sigma...possible to through at 1/4^2= 1:16 odds
    so would take those odds to win?

GL

#11     Sep 18, 2007
  2. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

#12     Sep 21, 2007
  3. yahoo is garbage

buy google and make tons of moeny on the calls b4 earnings

#13     Sep 21, 2007
  4. i can't belive people are making posts about YHOO. with all the fertilizer stocks making new highs almost daily,why go with something like YHOO? makes no sense.

#14     Sep 21, 2007
  5. hbiawos

hbiawos

So true. Unless you shorted it in 1999 when it was trading around $120 or so, YHOO is right up there with MSFT as one of the least interesting stocks trading. Waste of commissions.

#15     Sep 21, 2007
  6. Yhoo is NOT cheap. Forget about the free cash flow argument as well. Free cash flow turns into earnings eventually. You're making it too complicated - just look at future earnings. Goog is estimated to make close to $20 / share in 2008. Yhoo's estimates are $0.55 / share. If growth is the same (which it is NOT, Goog is growing faster), then Goog should be trading at a stock price of about 40x that of yhoo. Since goog is growing faster, I would say 50 to 60x should do it. So if yhoo is trading for 25 right now, Goog is relatively undervalued (as compared to yhoo). There is NO WAY yhoo is cheap.

#16     Sep 21, 2007
  7. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

interesting replies.

given i'm now green (as of 9/21) i'm going to hold yhoo. its been my experience that the best time to buy/hold a stock for teh long term is when the typical investor does not want it.

thanks.

#17     Sep 22, 2007
  8. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

its funny to see people say yhoo is dead money now. everyone of the replies to my original post missed the move.

ET is an excellent great contrarian indicator.

thanks.

#18     Sep 25, 2007
  9. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

.....continuing the conversation with myself as everyone else is apparently too busy scrambling around fighting to make a tick here and tick there.

today both forbes and mornigstar published bullish articles on yhoo.
    .....................................................................................................
    from morningstar today:

Morningstar.com
    Our Outlook for the Media Sector
    Wednesday September 26, 4:00 pm ET
    By James M. Walden, CFA

Yahoo ceding market share to Google in Internet search makes all the headlines, but there are a number of other reasons that have contributed to Yahoo's disappointing financial performance, such as: poor monetization of search queries, weakness in display advertising, and client losses. Despite popular opinion, Yahoo has been actively rolling out new products and making acquisitions to address these problems. Therefore, we expect Yahoo's financial performance to improve as more relevant search and display ads lead to improved monetization. We also expect Yahoo to attract new advertisers, as the company now boasts a new advertising platform and can offer its clients a variety of advertising products including search, premium and remnant display inventory, and mobile advertising.
    ......................................................................................

like i said in the op, the best time to get in is when no else is looking. it's much easier to pick up money hiding in the corner then it is to jump in with the pack elsewere.

#19     Sep 26, 2007
  10. yhoo 6.00 Days
    ----Sell---- Wednesday, September 26, 2007 ---Buy---
    26.7588 ------------------------------------------ 25.9931
    26.9503 ------------------------------------------ 25.8017
    27.1417 ------------------------------------------ 25.6102

------
    yhoo Monday, October 01, 2007
    ----Sell---- ------------------------------------------ ---Buy---
    27.6450 ------------------------------------------ 26.7263
    27.8747 ------------------------------------------ 26.4966
    28.1044 ------------------------------------------ 26.2669