YHOO hacked.... AGAIN ;((

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by kmiklas, Dec 15, 2016.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

For Christ's sake, how can they possibly expect to get bought out by VZ or anyone if they keep getting broken into!

I shorted 200 in a rather emotional sell. YHOO you'd better keep going down. What a hassle.. now I have to change a bunch of passwords.

I'm not qualified to give investment advice, but here's a little free personal advice: if you have any shared passwords from a Yahoo account, change them, because they're up for sale on darknet.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/15/technology/yahoo-security-breach-billion-users/

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Load_the_boat likes this.
  2. kmiklas

kmiklas

Covered at a $50 loss. Emotional trading is a bad idea.

3. vanzandt

vanzandt

$50 loss? You're ahead of the game lol. ;)

kmiklas likes this.
  4. kmiklas

kmiklas

If there's one thing that the market has taught me, it's to quickly dump anything that shows me an unexpected loss.

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

You playing Oracle today? ER after bell. 7% move predicted.

6. kmiklas

kmiklas

Will this second data breach kill the Verizon-Yahoo deal? One data breach is bad enough; let alone TWO, with a 4.8B deal hanging by a thread? Furthermore, before all this, Marissa Mayer did them no favors. At this point, I wouldn't be caught dead long on Yahoo!

REPORT: Verizon could ditch 4.8B yahoo deal
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2016/12/15/report-verizon-could-ditch-48b-yahoo-deal/95470158/

Nah. Too much of a gamble, but if I were to bet, I'd go short.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  7. kmiklas

kmiklas

Shorted back in at a better time. Made my $50 back plus some.

Can't wait to see what happens with this one tomorrow.

Yahoo execs are NOT happy campers right now. You see this thing nose dive today?

8. The company sucks. They even managed to transform their main assets into rubbish. Yahoo Finance is a good example.

MoneyMatthew likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

The 1 billion doesn't seem to be a new hack. It's just their latest report of the results of what happened in 2013. And besides...A billion people aren't using Yahoo. Just a billion "user accounts". Many folks have multiple user accounts on the same service.

Yahoo WISHES they had 1,000,000,000 individual people using their service. LOL, those guys, they are so silly!

But hey, all this new PR is great for their click-through advertising. Everyone fan the flames, and keep bringing them the revenue stream!

10. only $YHOO could fck up getting bought out

#10     Dec 16, 2016