YHOO down AH

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MVP, Jul 9, 2003.

1. MVP

MVP

Does this mark the end of the run?

2. Camaguey

Camaguey

Down over 2pts. That's pretty big for AH right? Today was heavy vol w/ no progress. Glad I'm not long.

Timber?:confused:

3. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

so is OVER.

4. So earnings are up, Yahoo is making money and they raise guidance and their stock takes a hit? Wall Street overly optimistic about YHOO?

5. this is the beginning of the end for internet and tech stocks..

6. This uptrend has been marked with about 8 countertrend declines since the beginning of this year. Those declines have ranged from 2.5 to 3.5 points. If we hold this "symmetry" of corrective declines and do not go below this "symmetry zone"...that would be healthy (imho). However, if we go below this "symmetry price zone" then this uptrend is definitely firing off warning signals that its getting top heavy. Check out attached chart to see what I'm talking about.

-D

7. Camaguey

Camaguey

Sure seems to be a "buy the rummor, sell the news sort of thing". Stock starts running up, and you know somebody out there knows something. Big fat earnings article plastered over CNBC, time to hit that sell button!

8. Camaguey

Camaguey

And c'mon, PE of 146. Doesn't that mean if earnings stay the same (zero earnings growth), Yahoo would be worth what it is now in 146 years (or am I wrong about that)? I trade of technicals, not fundamentals anyway.

Another way of looking at it is w/ 15% annual growth in earnings (never gonna happen, but indulge me), Yahoo will be sitting at a PE of 33 (overvalued still, but that's par for today's overpriced S&P) in 9 years right? Now, 9 years is a long time to go w/o a recession, so it'll probably be closer to 12 years.

What do people expect? Earnings groth of %200/year for several years?

9. For those very reasons cam', EBAY continues to confound.