YHOO before earnings

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Comptalk, Apr 9, 2007.

1. "show me a tech stock where insiders don't sell. and then show me a stock where an insider buys.

OSTK... should be a screaming buy by that logic. 1mil shares purchased.

#11     Apr 10, 2007
  2. The technicals wont prevent a big selloff

You haver to understnad that yahoo ads have much smaller reach than googles ads and thus yahoo will generate much less revenue as google continues to take away marketshare.

Yahoo's PE is too high compared to google's. yet google has more growth and revenue.

Investors will dump Yhoo in the coming months and buy google.

Yahoo wont be sold to microsoft and it would take a while b4 yhoo goes to 20. it would take over a year.

#12     Apr 10, 2007
  3. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

yhoo has a much smaller reach in search adsv but not in graphical ads, where they are the undisputed leader. yhoo's market share in search ads (not search itself, but the ads) is growing due to panama.

we'll see who's right at EA.

#13     Apr 10, 2007
  4. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

yhoo has a much smaller reach in search ads but not in graphical ads, where they are the undisputed leader. yhoo's market share in search ads (not search itself, but the ads) is growing due to panama.

we'll see who's right at EA.

#14     Apr 10, 2007
  5. Insiders of tech companies especially LOVE dumping shares second to programing and engineering. They are always selling big blocks of hundreds of thousands or millions shares on the same investors who helped them become so rich in the first place.

Other sectors have much less insider selling cause of investor loyalty. usually it is industrials and transports have good investor relations while tech is all about greed. This applies to google which I am long but the constant insider dumping make me annoyed.

#15     Apr 10, 2007
  6. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

i forgot to mention...i have an unfair advantage when it comes to yhoo. my opinion is not based on just technicals or fundamental analysis (i.e. PE) which is based on past performance.

my unfair advantage is that i know many people in the`online ad biz....i have friends at goog, yhoo, and others. i like goog too, but yhoo has the momentum right now....but you won't see it until its "official".

#16     Apr 10, 2007
  7. I have to give yahoo credit though for not crapping out when the market goes up vervus google which has become an insider dumping ground. With google its the same story; down 60 cents Nasdaq up .3% yadda yadda google down $1.3, market green

The team of google insiders with last names you can;t pronounce are offloading millions of shares and still have millions more to unload. So far they have dumped 10 billion dollars worth of Google stock since it went public.

#17     Apr 10, 2007
  8. Yahoo's platform is very dated. They have been using the same format since its original debut in the 90s.

Their message boards are awful and often abused. I think I could have a more intelligent conversation with a bunch of misbehaving 1st graders better then I can on a Yahoo message board. There are illegal stock scams run off those boards all the time. When you do complain about someone on the message board, you receive a form letter stating that you should just put them on ignore.

I never use any of their services and their search engine is awful as well. I always "Google" everything. The message boards on Google are more civilized and tame too.

I do use Yahoo for email and some other functions like researching different stocks.

Google is the superior search engine while Yahoo is a dated platform that rests on its old laurels.

As for price per share for Yahoo and will it do well after the earnings call, I dont know.

I do know that Yahoo sucks. Google is a much better alternative to the madness called Yahoo.

Im sorry if it seems like Im bashing the stock, Im not. Im simply stating my mind about Yahoo and how they have done next to nothing with the old format despite the multitude of problems their users seem to have with it.

#18     Apr 10, 2007
  9. Yea google has a much better search engine. However, I found yahoo picures to be slightly more accurate than google pictures.

#19     Apr 10, 2007
  10. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

yep, goog has done several things better then yhoo. but nothing stays the same forever.

#20     Apr 10, 2007