YG-mini-Gold & YI-mini-Silver

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by increasenow, May 24, 2010.

1. forgot to mention...I do not know about you but...the daytrade margins for mini gold ($304) and mini Silver ($183) are flat out...great!!!...again, great to 'practice' on...

#41     Jun 11, 2010
  2. i hate to ante up more than 1 or 2 tick spread i feel like i'm being robbed :mad:

must pay the commiss too. f^ck that :eek:

#42     Jun 11, 2010
  3. hmm..even on a mini?

#43     Jun 12, 2010
  4. spd

spd

Why bother being up 3 points if you have to give half a point up on the spread to exit your position, + comission? Even if for practice.

Just papertrade the big contract.

#44     Jun 12, 2010
  5. Shagi

Shagi

The mini YG & YI are not suitable for daytrading, the spread will eat you alive. Same applies to other regular size contracts like Palladium/Platinum/Oats/Rice/Cocoa/Lumber/Feeder Cattle/Pork Bellies etc . Use them for position/swing trading then the spread is not an issue.

If its low margin you are looking for then there are plenty of liquid regular size contracts that brokers offer at low margins @ $500 to $1000/clip e.g Emini index, treasuries, corn, currencies etc.

#45     Jun 12, 2010
  6. what's the spread on mini corn these days?

#46     Jun 12, 2010
  7. Shagi

Shagi

Stay out of ALL mini grains - zero liquidity worse than mini YG & YI.

The day trade margin for regular corn is only $600. If your account size is too small to day trade that then I really have no further comment.

#47     Jun 12, 2010
  8. I find no motivation, challenge to papertrade at all as it DOES NOT simulate real trading conditions...better to trade low margin contracts that can be considered 'practice'...

#48     Jun 12, 2010
  9. I agree...I really only look for one, at most two, trades per day when trading the mini Gold or mini Silver. For me, trading either of these is just 'practice' until ready to rock on the large Gold and Silber contracts...

#49     Jun 12, 2010
  10. one more thing...mini Gold has an average daily range of about 21.00 and mini Silver about .600...so, plenty of space for a mini Gold or Silver trader to make very good cash...just palladium for thought :p

#50     Jun 12, 2010