Yet another study confirms global warming is human-caused

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

BINGO!

#41     Jun 20, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

Okay, so now that it's finally and conclusively settled that man has had absolutely no effect whatsoever on climate change, we should all just go out and pollute the environment. A total disregard towards nature's various and interrelated ecosystems is simply the right thing to do. It's all right there, in the science.

#42     Jun 20, 2012
  3. Typical intellectual bankrupt pussy liberal response.

Wawa.

#43     Jun 20, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Tell us where you live and I'll take a dump next time I'm flying over.

#44     Jun 20, 2012
  5. And it's just that type silly extremist repsonse is why you're not taken seriously. You want it to be all man made, or nothing at all. Just can't be anything but the evil man, especially Americans. It's only carbon from U.S. emissions that are bad. China, Russia, India, nothing but clean air all around. It's not that simple, unless of course you're just looking for someone to tax. Then it's easy. Man can be taxed, and only Americans.
    And you still can't address the countless climate changes big and small which have occurred prior to this one. Let's just forget about them. Couldn't possibly be anything similar going on.
    We'll all be roasted in 10 years. I've been hearing that since the 60's. Freezing, roasting, freezing and roasting, etc., etc., etc.

#45     Jun 20, 2012
  6. Brass

Brass

Why bother? You're already doing a fine job here at ET.

#46     Jun 20, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

No. It's not all or nothing. But as stewards of the planet, we should act responsibly with it, irrespective of whether climate change is man-made or not. And most thinking people will tell you that man contributes. However, pollution is entirely man-made. So if you don't feel obligated to act responsibly regarding climate change, then how about acting responsibly as it relates to not polluting the planet your children and grandchildren will live on? Same argument. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

What was that about extremism?

#47     Jun 20, 2012
  8. How old are you? Like 5 or something? The strides that have been made fighting pollution in the United States since the 60's is simply amazing. The air is cleaner. The water is cleaner. The land is cleaner. Industry is amazingly cleaner. Anyone who has been around has observed this with their own eyes. Fighting pollution is one thing. Trying to control the climate is another thing altogether.

#48     Jun 20, 2012
  9. Brass

Brass

Oh, and I don't think it's so much about "trying to control the climate" as it is about trying to moderate the contributors to climate change. Not quite the same.

#49     Jun 20, 2012
  10. #50     Jun 20, 2012