Yet Another Prop Firm Hiring

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Nov 8, 2011.

1. rosy2

rosy2

cargill for cash sugar trading

#71     Nov 10, 2011
  2. Yet the bears still suck.

#72     Nov 10, 2011
  3. What do you know about trading? You sound like you're head of the marketing department.

Your bashing of Bright's firm is childish too. I see you post dumb topics all the time trying to get a knee-jerk reaction out of him. Grow up

#73     Nov 10, 2011
  4. Lucias

Lucias

The honest truth is that these prop firms aren't offering an acceptable deal for anyone who has even achieved a moderate degree of success in life. I mean I've not been hugely successful but I've been modestly successful enough to get comfortable and make enough to support my family and have a good job.

Yet, the average prop firm doesn't pay a salary and tend to be located in Chicago. There is no way in the world that I could relocate to Chicago without a salary. First, I'd give up a good living that I'd probably not be able to replace if the opportunity fail AND second I wouldn't have the money to even go.

What I'm trying to say Maverick is that no successful person would take one of these so-called great offers unless they were located in Chicago and no "unsuccessful" person would either because I tried both ways!

Before I had a decent job or anything to bother losing, I had a goal to take one of these types of deals but I didn't have the MONEY to move away from home and go live in another city.

Really, one professional trader gave me the advice and I think this is the best advice -- if you want to be a trader then the first you have to do is get a very high paying job and a lot of money.

One more thing.. the sports thing is outdated. I was reading an article on First New York where the owners were talking about.. It was written about 5 yers ago. They said "used to they looked for someone good in sports and math" but that today it wasn't enough. That today you had to have own edge... something like that...

They are not making a comeback. They have been around for 3 decades. In fact, we probably have only half of what we had 10 years ago. But there still are enough to satisfy any want in the marketplace. The honest to God truth is, the average ET'er is too damn lazy to seek them out. [/QUOTE]

#74     Nov 10, 2011
  5. pwrtrdr

pwrtrdr

you dont want to go there ...... !! He will argue it for long while!

really who cares.

Anyone want to try to start and entirley different web site dedicated to trading collaboration... ?

I think also pay to join may make sense.. ? Maybe real verified names as well ?

#75     Nov 10, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

[/QUOTE]

And if you wanted to be an actor, would you move to Hollywood? Surely it's not fair for a movie producer to ask you to move your life all the way to CA for an audition. What would you do if you didn't get the role?

There are a lot of whiners on ET. One of the reasons these firms want jocks is because of the mental toughness. Many of these guys made tremendous sacrifices their entire childhoods just for the chance at an athletic scholarship knowing if they get hurt, it's all over. That's the risk they take.

The problem today is the entitlement society we have. You guys all make demands. But you are not entitled to a job. There is no shortage of resumes Lucias. They don't need you to move to Chicago or NY. They have more then enough guys already.

Of course it's a risk. Everything in life is a risk. Some guys just want it more then you.

#76     Nov 10, 2011
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

And if you wanted to be an actor, would you move to Hollywood? Surely it's not fair for a movie producer to ask you to move your life all the way to CA for an audition. What would you do if you didn't get the role?

There are a lot of whiners on ET. One of the reasons these firms want jocks is because of the mental toughness. Many of these guys made tremendous sacrifices their entire childhoods just for the chance at an athletic scholarship knowing if they get hurt, it's all over. That's the risk they take.

The problem today is the entitlement society we have. You guys all make demands. But you are not entitled to a job. There is no shortage of resumes Lucias. They don't need you to move to Chicago or NY. They have more then enough guys already.

Of course it's a risk. Everything in life is a risk. Some guys just want it more then you. [/B][/QUOTE]

When I was at a Goldman information session in college. The keynote speaker (a well known strategist there) said that they have a strong preference towards atheletes as well. She said that they have demonstrated ability to handle pressure and be competitive. Makes sense. Those traits are harder to cultivate in a person than trading knowledge.

#77     Nov 10, 2011
  8. What I don't understand is, why would any successful trader want a job?

#78     Nov 10, 2011
  9. Shanb

Shanb

[/QUOTE]

Life is about risk and reward...are you willing to take the risk for the potential reward? Ya know its obvious that firms like this are reaching out to younger people who don't have alot to lose at that point in their lives. If your comfortable with the status quo...remain comfortable. There are people out there who are going to go beyond the comfortable and push themselves to go out and get what they desire. There's always that chance that you will fail, but fuck what good is anything if you don't have to struggle and push to get it!

#79     Nov 10, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Life is about risk and reward...are you willing to take the risk for the potential reward? Ya know its obvious that firms like this are reaching out to younger people who don't have alot to lose at that point in their lives. If your comfortable with the status quo...remain comfortable. There are people out there who are going to go beyond the comfortable and push themselves to go out and get what they desire. There's always that chance that you will fail, but fuck what good is anything if you don't have to struggle and push to get it! [/B][/QUOTE]

Shan, you should tell Lucias your story.

#80     Nov 10, 2011