yet another IB PROBLEM - ORDERS

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by chewbacca, May 23, 2007.

1. In fact it does. When someone is presenting a losing argument they often resort to <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem">Ad hominem</a> attacks. The fact that you're resorting to doing this makes it very clear where your interests lie.

Please go back to the Yahoo boards now, thanks.

If you've read my posts you'd know I'm not very pleased of late. My complaints have generally been addressed by IB, although not with the speed I'd like in some cases (NYBOT softs on ICE for example).

My "special interest" is in getting the issues at IB fixed, not slandering them (especially without providing evidence, or examples of problems). As I said, *please* go back to Yahoo they really, really miss you....

#11     May 23, 2007
  2. TOM134

TOM134

SideShowBob,

You're smartalic remarks (yahoo) are 'ad hominem'.

Now, go back to you're stage where you are regularly performing at IB's freak show.

I hope this helps you come to your senses in order to avoid IB's crap execution platform, etc. (read all the frustrating comments about IB at this site!)

See chewbacca's comments at the top of this thread!!!!!

Tom

#12     May 24, 2007
  3. Look guys...IB is the McDonalds of retail trading.....and they try pretty hard. They are running very lean and mean....I mean I think there is ONE GUY doing the entire API coding. Their low cost structure result in low fees and that makes them very attractive. However, there are these "glitches" in the platform and the service as a result of the way they are running. What do you want ? Perfect platform and service with high fees or Glitchy platform and service with low fees ?
    I checked-out Bloomberg's platform: $40k committment - $1800/mo with 2 yr contract min. The autotrading component is $100k alone !

#13     May 24, 2007
  4. Ask that fey jackass Bloomberg why he bought 1000's of buses from Japan? that squeal like stuck pigs every time the driver hits the brake.

Nothing to do with this thread, but you did mention berg.

#14     May 24, 2007
  5. FWIW ... all my orders are going thru fine. Latest version of TWS and running on java 1.6 again.

#15     May 24, 2007

6. yeah that's what IB would like everyone to believe......to expect low service for low cost.......but their profit margins are the highest in the industry.....they have PLENTY OF CASH......especially now with the IPO.........and the average IB trader trades 20* more than the average trader at any other firm.......pro traders use IB and small funds.......large funds use prime brokers............since so many pro traders use IB, they need to take these problems more seriously....

its funny.....when the exchanges have problems.....they send a message immediately......yet when they have problems - they stick their head up their ass and pretend there is no problem..........stops orders not working properly is a MAJOR issue........what do they expect, traders to stare at their positions all day...........this problem has been ongoing since 5/18 at least.........last month it was trendlines on charts not working........before that it was volume on charts being reported all wrong........every month, some new problem.

#16     May 30, 2007
  7. i don't understand why guys like 777 and kiwi defend IB no matter what.....its just a broker.......not a religion..........and you have to be crazy to deny the big problems they are having with their whole update process.

watch IB turn to shit once Peter sells his 90% stake over the next few years.

#17     May 30, 2007
  8. Chewy - it's interesting to note that other competitive brokers are not even offering an API to smaller retail customers. (I wonder why not ? ) ThinkorSwim is trying hard, but they've got certain "mandates" and "policies" that make them less attractive than IB. For example, their API offering is weak and only available to $100k+ accounts. Another example is their futures margins are very high.... for example ER2 (Russell 2000) futures is $4000 per contract !...with no differentiation between intraday and overnite holds.....
    IB has mucho flexibility in comparison....and much better rates.

#18     May 30, 2007
  9. Just because McDonalds sells the most, does not mean they have superior food.

No axe to grind nor praise to give. Not an IB client, past or present. I just couldn't resist.

Osorico

#19     May 30, 2007
  10. hmm today I couldn't transmit my orders when I clicked on the red "T" box. Nothing happened when I clicked on the box. But I was able to transmit by using the button in Check Margin. I guess it's a new feature in 872 :D

#20     May 31, 2007