Yet Another Brokerage Q for Swing Trading

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by xBoba, May 13, 2011.

1. xBoba

xBoba

$(*@(FSA i know threads like these are getting really annoying but it's just so hard to decide since everyone has different trading style/budget, so please bear with me ... !!! :)

Hi everyone, I'm a new member here and have been researching on this forum about choosing a broker that best suit my budget and trading style, and I have basically come down to IB and Lightspeed (feel free to suggest more)

I've been technical analysis trading for about a month now. My trading style is going to be swing trading with occasional intra-day trades b/c of Reg T rule. I have around $10k cash to play with.

Reason I picked IB is b/c of the low commission and margin rate, but heard horror stories about their customer service and the non-intuitive trading platform...

Is anyone/has anyone been in my boat? I'd like to hear what you guys ended up with.

2. xBoba

xBoba

I forgot to mention i will only be trading equity, around 2,000 shares a month or less.

3. elon

elon

If you're scared about horrible customer service then you might want to consider Cannon Trading. I've been with them for about 8 years and they always have excellent customer service. Every time I call they answer within 2 rings and every broker is a mountain of knowledge.

I won't be leaving them any time soon.

Check them out: http://www.cannontrading.com/

IB is certainly more mainstream and very reliable. I have a trading buddy who uses IB and he won't part with them if a gun was pointed to his head.