Yet another and another class action lawsuit against MF Global...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by crgarcia, Mar 23, 2008.

1. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

You're a moron. You can't even read what you quote.

That quote says you can opt out, not opt in. Only certain players (i.e. big players) can opt out having their funds segregated with all depositors, in other words they can have separate bank accounts to trade/settle. Otherwise, all FCM's must segregate customer funds that trade in regulated instrumnts (i.e. no spot forex trading, etc.) from operational funds as stipulated but CFTC Act of 1974, Sect4d(2), which coincidentally is the code referenced in an earlier post you tried to refute.

You're a moron and you are giving mis-information to people who don't know otherwise. You are doing a disservice and quite frankly only shows us what you DON'T KNOW!

#21     Mar 24, 2008
  2. bpcnabe = IBKR shill.

If funds at IBKR are 100% safe... why do they offer insurance?? If I trade futures from a segregated account, I'm not supposed to need any insurance...

Where did I say that you need to "opt in"??

What I said is you need to make sure the broker actually keeps the money in a segregated account and "demand" not to make transfers elsewhere... and be careful not opting out "accidentally".

If you still disagree, ask Jim Rogers about REFCO.

#22     Mar 24, 2008
  3. IB works differently, since you can trade stocks, futures, options, forex, etc. out of the same account. And futures are not covered by their SIPC

#23     Mar 25, 2008
  4. Any of you gentlemen care to analyze the latest MF news?? At first glance, it appears to be a good thing, but upon further reflection, I find myself wondering, "and why was it so crucial to free up this extra liquidity???"

Thoughts from the smart ones????

#24     Mar 26, 2008
  5. bump

#25     Mar 26, 2008