Yesterday's 16% increase in home sales was also a 19% decline from last year

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thriftybob, May 25, 2007.

1. 3rd quarter of which year?

#21     May 28, 2007
  2. dhpar

dhpar

this year - if I remember well housing sbstracted over 1% from GDP growth last 3rd Q. This means that if it substracts less it is going to have positive effect YoY...

#22     May 28, 2007
  3. jem

jem

Mark my words this arm reset scare is going to keep all the amateurs on the sidelines while the pros scoop up the inventory.

#23     May 28, 2007
  4. and WHAT will the "pros" do with all that inventory?

Do you have ANY idea how much money you are talking about?

Even Trump is having trouble selling from what I hear, and if Trump is selling, who are these "Pros"?

IMO, we'll be lucky if housing bottoms in 07 at all. I think the bottom is when boomers are trying to cash out to use the money to pay for their retirements, only to find spendable value dramatically lower than what they had planned for.

#24     May 28, 2007
  5. Wow, another genius with 3rd grade grammar and the "answer" based on no presented information. It's like stock_turder's family invaded a website. :D

#25     May 28, 2007
  6. dhpar

dhpar

but your posts are really "visionary" SiSePuede!. You are a typical newcomer to this board - just screwed up a bit more.
    You joined only last month and managed to post on average over 16 posts a day (probably a record here).
    In addition 50% are just offensive posts (probably close to record too) and another 50% is trying to persuade others how good you are in trading (definitely a record). In my experience people that are really successful have ~0% on both counts...

If you are insecure or feel ill visit your therapeutist - otherwise try to behave like a man. The fact that internet boards are anonymous does not mean that you are expected to behave like a jerk.

#26     May 29, 2007
  7. Where have I EVER tried to persuade anyone that I'm a good trader? Are you continuing to make up facts to suit the diarrhea your mind creates? Take it easy baby boy.

I'm an investor who is trying to learn the ropes of trading with play money. I've never said I wasn't...so just dry your tears and move on kid.

Are you really counting my posts per day? I'm sorry I have free time, boo hoo, what a terrible thing that I have time to post.

And what in the hell is a therapeutist?!?! :p

:p

#27     May 29, 2007
  8. Just a word of caution about how far you may think the housing bubble may spill over and damage the economy.

Australia was in the middle of a similar though smaller bubble a few years ago which deflated and did not burst and there has apart from a few property trusts going bankrupt there has not been a great pull on the economy.

Yes we have been helped by the resources boom and we had a smaller amount of sub prime from what I can tell but in the end people do there best to hold onto their houses. The one thing that caused the housing collapse in the UK in the late 80's early 90's was the very high interest rates which is something we dont have this time and the reason why the doom mongers may come up very short.

#28     May 29, 2007
  9. Play money? that's strange you were big noting yourself to me a few days ago about how great at trading you were. You were so good you said that commissions were not important to the likes of you(dead give away you have never traded BTW) so now we find out you arent a trader but an investor (with play money) I wish you would make your mind up. Actually I really couldnt care less.

Oh and please tell me how bad I am at math it is very very funny

#29     May 29, 2007
  10. dhpar

dhpar

LOL :D

#30     May 29, 2007