Yesterday's 16% increase in home sales was also a 19% decline from last year

Discussion in 'Trading' started by thriftybob, May 25, 2007.

1. With inflation running at only 2% for the next 20 yrs and no recession in sight (like that sneaky old curmudgeon of 1990) , there's nothing but blue skies to look forward to.

At least, that's what they're telling me on tv. :D

#11     May 25, 2007
  2. But it sure is sneaky how they say inflation not high at all once they EXCLUDE food and energy. :( :mad:

DUH..

I wonder what would happen to inflation figure if we all decided to eat and put gasoline in our vehicles or heat our homes in the winter..

My butler informed me that the 1/2 gallong of milk he buy use to be $2 and change and now over $4.00

But of course gov't says inflation not bad EXCLUDING Food and Energy..

DUH DUH DUH

DUH again :D:eek:

#12     May 26, 2007
  3. dhpar

dhpar

do your homework... what is the size of housing problem with respect to the whole US (and Global) economy? Your reasoning sounds like "the train is going to derail because few passengers forgot to buy a ticket"....
    There is no spin - in fact it looks that everybody accepted the fact that housing is going to suck for a bit longer. With base effects in hand we are going to have sizeable GDP growth starting 3rd quarter...so at least you know when you should make it out of bathroom.

The Usual Suspects when it comes to OP.

#13     May 26, 2007
  4. Did you do your homework? Clearly not or you'd hardly be so ignorant on the subject as to think it was feasible to use such a stupid analogy. Are you stock_turder's cousin? Your analysis is the same as his. :p

#14     May 26, 2007
  5. dhpar

dhpar

yep - back to the old discussion of trillions in housing wealth, people using housing appreciation to buy milk and suddenly all going awry - I am going to pass on this nonsense.

Invest as if recession is coming - wish you good luck...
    (I am surprised you did not go broke already in the past 9 months)

#15     May 26, 2007
  6. I emailed CNBC, CNBC Europe, and Bloomberg. None of them replied, and none of them mentioned the year on year numbers, and none mentioned its the lowest recorded since the spring after 9/11.

Instead they all have kept saying new home sales "soared", as though its some sort of "conundrum" why industry insiders don't see a bottom, yet.

"Forget the facts. The Facts don't matter when you have spin on your side."

#16     May 26, 2007
  7. Broke? Why? Housing stocks have gone down in the last 9 months...your lack of knowledge is clearly outlined in the statements you make and the arguments you use to support them...such as that someone would be broke shorting stocks in an industry that has taken a good beating in the timeline YOU used.

You can pass on an argument you know nothing about as you know nothing about it...but to parade around like you know that there is no problem rather than discuss the facts just makes you seem all the more like an idiot.

:D

#17     May 26, 2007
  8. dhpar

dhpar

you clearly can't read - I was talking about the recession of the whole economy - not the recession of the housing (which is given).

I am done with you kid. Go ahead with some offensive posts...:cool:

#18     May 27, 2007
  9. Wow, so you tell me to invest as if a recession is coming...who said a recession is coming? You went off the road of sanity again old man. You have these wild ideas in your head that everyone thinks there's a recession and then post accordingly...you just look like an idiot all the while.

You keep saying that you're done posting in response to me yet you respond again. Your credibility and intelligence seem to be about level with each other.

And just to reiterate, you never even used any facts, data, reasoning, etc. to make the point you seem to hold as if it were gospel...congratulations. :D

#19     May 27, 2007
  10. If there wasn't something TERRIBLY wrong, they ALL wouldn't be lying about it.

#20     May 28, 2007