Yes, It is possible. Real Time Idea's for "This Market"

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Brandonf, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Toni

Toni

roflol

#31     Apr 24, 2002
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

[14:11] <brandon> Im done for the day guys
    [14:11] <brandon> got great trades off[14:11] <brandon> so, time to go vege out a bit and relax
    [14:11] <brandon> I really dont see anything I like much into the last hour anyway
    [14:11] <brandon> though I suspect we have more downside
    [14:12] <brandon> at least until we get a few flushes in the TICK
    [14:12] <brandon> looks like we may get our Oops trades tomorrow
    [14:12] <brandon> when there has been this much selling in the market
    [14:12] <brandon> a gap up is bad probably about 90% of hte time
    [14:12] <brandon> unless its a trap gap
    [14:12] <brandon> its not good
    [14:12] <brandon> coz it shows people too willing to rush out and buy stuff
    [14:12] <brandon> and for "the bottom" to form
    [14:12] <brandon> you need panic
    [14:13] <brandon> dont hold me to that 90%
    [14:13] <brandon> but its just the idea that you want to see f ollow up panic
    [14:15] <brandon> With small caps starting to rollover (they have provided the leadership)
    [14:15] <brandon> the bonds closing at 20 days highs
    [14:16] <brandon> and the dollar slipping
    [14:16] <brandon> right now there is no reason to suspect we have upside until we see a climax
    [14:16] <brandon> things can obviously change in the next 18 hours
    [14:16] <brandon> but that is how we stand now

Brandon

#32     Apr 24, 2002
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I really try to keep things simple. At night I will scan the indexes, looking for support, resistance and also at relative volatility, things like NR4, NR7, IRD, WR4, WR7, OSD are all very important and can give me some clues as to what type of trading to expect. I look at weekly, daily, 120minute, 60minute, 30minute, 15minute, 5minute, 2minute and 1 minute charts. Its not as overwhelming as it sounds. One each chart I have ADX, Keltner Channels, a 20ema and a 200ma on the 15 and 5 minute charts.
    In the morning I look at various gaps and look for setups like the Canadian Dollar and CFKR. I try to look at different relationships, and then find a price pattern that gets me in off that. So, for example...if the TICKs keep hitting 1000 + and the TIKI +25's, but the Nasdaq can't budge..its probably not going to get any better as things cool off. Or, if we gap up, and price is just rocking..and the TICKs cant get above say +400, then thats a relationship you can look at. Hope this helps a bit.

Brandon

#33     Apr 24, 2002
  4. Brandon,

The title of your thread sounds like typical advertisement :)
    Yes! You can do it ! with....

BTW are you sponsoring this site yet?

Why are you posting real time calls here when I read you saying in your room that your room was not about making calls but about education? To be fair I have to say that I found your techniques very valid and your analysis excellent and people have certainly something to learn from you. But when I was in your room I was really wondering with all your comments how you even have time to place trades (not to mention concentration) unless you have like an order entry clerk next to you and I didn't see many entry signals even if I visited only a few times . So how about some RT entry signals in the ET chat room, and only comments here after the close? Let us know which day...

Also regarding CKFR you didn't need Realtick and the Oz scanner, just an earnings calendar guys :)
    unless you wanted to enter ahead of earnings which is usually not what we do...

#34     Apr 24, 2002
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

<i>Why are you posting real time calls here when I read you saying in your room that your room was not about making calls but about education? </i>

This is not my chatroom, its a thread on a message board. The reason this thread was started was to show that there are plenty of opportunities to make money even in a rather difficult market. Additionally, I have taken the time to explain things, so I do think there is educational value to what I'm posting here.

<I> But when I was in your room I was really wondering with all your comments how you even have time to place trades (not to mention concentration) unless you have like an order entry clerk next to you and I didn't see many entry signals even if I visited only a few times . </i>

It only takes a few seconds to place a trade.

<i>So how about some RT entry signals in the ET chat room, and only comments here after the close? Let us know which day. </i>

That would probably take more than a few seconds. It might also effect my consentration :D

<i>Also regarding CKFR you didn't need Realtick and the Oz scanner, just an earnings calendar guys </i>

That is probably true, but I did not get it from an earnings calander, I got it from the scanner.

At any rate, hopefully we can get back to the topic of interest for the most number of people, and that is "how can I make money in this market."

Brandon

#35     Apr 25, 2002
  6. About the CKFR setup and the scanner, I think the scanner will probably show some nice setups but with many inactive, low volume stocks whose personalities are unpredictable, without a volatility/liquidity event like today in CKFR the outcome of a trade can be quite surprising.

#36     Apr 25, 2002
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

Not sure I can make sense of what you're saying here. :confused: Without volatility, and a certain minimum amount of liquidity, stocks like CKFR will not even show up in the scanners. Or more simply, that's the whole point of the scanners.

BrandonF, enjoy and very much appreciate your posts. Please keep 'em coming....

#37     Apr 25, 2002
  8. Toni

Toni

Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB) is an uptrending stock on the monthly chart. On the daily chart it has been forming a triangle over the past month or so with relatively even highs and ascending lows. Typically a triangle will have three waves before it breaks and FITB is hitting 20 day sma support on strong volume on the second pullback. We are now looking for the third move upward. Entry over $69.06 with an intraday stop under intraday support of $67.89 which will be subject to change if it doesn't hold before FITB sets up or if another intraday support level offers better risk to reward. CAUTION: This stock tends to overlap a great deal in prices from day to day. This means using wider stops and trailing stops to start with...

#38     Apr 25, 2002
  9. Banjo

Banjo

PEGS may break out of trading range on an eps run, eps 4/30
    CURE through the 50dma , could be nice here.

#39     Apr 25, 2002
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Amerada Hess looks like it would be a nice short under 77.82.
    Also watching AMAT for a long above $25, but only if it gaps down. My stop will be under the days low at the setup time.

Brandon

#40     Apr 25, 2002