Yes, It is possible. Real Time Idea's for "This Market"

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Brandonf, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Aiki

Aiki

I trade in the chatroom that Brandon runs. I have traded with Brandon for over 2 years. :)

In that time I have been mentored by Brandon and have learned that trading is not an exact science. You learn that there are many relationships in the market, and that the more relationships that you can connect and reason with, the better your outcomes of your trades.

So...a tick reading of +500 today at the open, will not mean the same exact thing as a +500 tommorow or next week. The TICK reading has to be interpretted as how it is relating to the markets now.

#21     Apr 24, 2002
  2. Banjo

Banjo

Most of us that have been doing this for a while are aware of Brandon. He's a damn good trader and there will be some thing to be learned here if you are relatively inexperenced. He was interviewed in Active Trader mag , March2002 issue, face of trading column if you'd like more history. I've never met him but this isn't going to be a snake oil thread.

#22     Apr 24, 2002
  3. UKSteve

UKSteve

Everyone,

Brandon is posting his setups, trades and his reasoning. It does not matter what site he runs. He isn't pushing it here so please keep this thread on topic and not another snake oil bashing thread.

Thanks

#23     Apr 24, 2002
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

How in the world could you not love Tony Oz for coming up with that scanner! CKFR tearing the house apart. Ill post a chart and explain latter.

B

#24     Apr 24, 2002
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Im going to take all the alerts out and go enjoy the rest of my day. "This market sucks!" LOLOL :D

Had fun, hopefully some of you did too, and maybe some profits and learn something (at the very least that there are money making opportunities every single day...well most every single day)

B

#25     Apr 24, 2002
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Here is the chart of CKFR as promised. You can see that is was strong, it did'nt fill in the gap like its "supposed to". It pull down a bit, then based near highs, and you got liftoff.

Something I see a lot of people doing is trying to do too much. It only takes one or two good trades a day and you'll be fine. Make your own spouse happier with your trading than your brokers spouse would be with it. That means choosing your shots carefully. Anyway, Hopefully I proved you could make money in "This Market" today with a bit of sound strade selection, basic T/A and patience.

Brandon

#26     Apr 24, 2002
  7. TonyOz

TonyOz

Damn Brandon, I'm still looking for my first trade of the day :)

I was way too picky with my orders today and missed huge winners. I could have had ACTL at 21.68-21.72 easy, but no, I have to have my order at 21.55. So much for that one. I will post a chart in the Oz Scan forum.

I think the reason I wanted it at 21.55 is that AMMD stopped me out y'day on a typical New Kid on the Block wiggle. So at 21.55 I thought I had good odds to survive.

Tony

#27     Apr 24, 2002
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

All the action has been in small caps. I can't remember the last time I've shorted a stock, simply because there are so many damn fine longs out there in the small cap issues.

Brandon

#28     Apr 24, 2002
  9. Toni

Toni

tony- glad to see i'm not the only one that missed that thing.. had it on my list going into the morning but with the move out of the open decided to wait for a base at highs and then got sidetracked... sheesh.. hate when that happens:eek:

at any rate.. nice job today B :)

#29     Apr 24, 2002
  10. TonyOz

TonyOz

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Vegas.

This time, make sure you get enough sleep prior to getting on the plane. we will take no excuses :)

#30     Apr 24, 2002