Yes, It is possible. Real Time Idea's for "This Market"

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Brandonf, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

There is a lot of discussion on this board, other boards and in general between traders about how tough this market is. Many going so far as to say making money simply can not be done. Others feel like the market is "making them crazy", QUICK, HIDE...THE WHITECOATS ARE COMING!

The purpose of this thread will be to show a few idea's a day, and show that by using solid core principles, discipline, a lot of patience and money managment money can be made..even in "This market". Most of what I do is based on gaps, retracements and ranges, its fairly simple. When I have time I will explain the trade, but most often I will simply tell you what Im looking at and looking for. When explanations do come, and I promise some will, it will be either over noon or after hours. Most days I have been taking 2 or 3 trades. I will post 1 or 2 here. They encompass a broad range of markets, everything from pork bellies, oil, to individual stocks, holders and trusts.

I would like to also invite others to participate with real time (ie this is what I'm looking for etc...before the fact..no trading from the rear view mirror) idea's.

We will start tomorrow.

Brandon

2. Brandon,
    If you want a forum to post real-time trading opportunities why not use the chat room?

3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I could stop in from time to time, but if I get into too many chatrooms I won't shut up. Then I wont find anything to trade :D

Brandon

4. BSAM

BSAM

Brandon:

Stay on the thread. Not every one can receive the chat. 'Sides this is easier to reference, for anyone who cares to contribute. This should be interesting. Good idea!:cool:

BSAM

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I just want to add a quick word here about stops, trailing stops etc. I tend to trail my stops up very quickly behind or in front of a pivot. Also, once I have covered my risk, I will sell 1/3 to 1/2 of my position and bring my stop to an area right about in my entry for the remaining. This does cause a lot of 1/3 or 1/2 profit, 2/3 or 1/2 breakeven trades, but it has also kept me in business. If I used any other profit taking method I'd have been gone a long time ago.

Brandon

6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Amazon lost a lot of money, but it was a little less than expected..something like that happened last night. This is good!

Anyway. We are gapping up nicely in the nasdaq, but the bonds are also near their highs, which suggests to me money would still be flowing out of equities. The dollar also remains fairly week. The first trade I will be looking for is a short in the Nasdaq if the TICKs can not confirm the Gap up. They confirm by trading above +400/500 in the first 15 to 20 minutes of the day. (I use the NYSE TICKs as I find the Nasdaq ones about worthless..even for trading the Nasdaq) The Globex trade has rallied right up to the 120 minute 20ema giving it a good bit of resistance overhead.

Brandon

7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

watching the June Canadian Dollar for a long above the days current high of .6368

Brandon

8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

another form of divergance is when the TICKs are strong, and the market is not.

9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

One more for today then I'll be done.

watching CKFR..it needs to continue to base for a bit, then would look to buy a breakout. Give credit were its due, was found on the New Kid Oz Scan.

B

10. UKSteve

UKSteve

Brandonf

Whats your main indicators (sma,ema,bb,stoc,rsi) using when looking at possible setups and what do you use to determine entry and exits. This will help any traders trying to understand your way of thinking.

Thanks

#10     Apr 24, 2002