Yes folks, the globe is warming...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Palm trees in Maine and Orlando oceanfront property. sounds great!

#11     Jul 15, 2006
  2. Great! Do you suppose that we should just give up agriculture and go back to the hunter-gatherer life? (Hint: when did agriculture start?)

#12     Jul 15, 2006
  3. Cesko

Cesko

I have no clue what you mean.
    What I wanted to say is that I do not believe anybody really knows why there is global warming happening. Certainly not idiot Al Gore. What a fuck are you talking about???

#13     Jul 16, 2006
  4. If you have no clue, why open your mouth? Check out this link for an education before saying something nonsensical
    http://www.newscientist.com/channel/earth/climate-change
    Scientists may not know precisely why global warming is happening, but there is no dispute among scientists that it is happening.

As for agriculture, it started within the last 10,000 years, thanks to a relatively stable global climate that was not too cold nor too warm. If the temperature changes out of this range then we have to say bye-bye to agriculture and hello to world starvation.

Only an idiot would compare today's temperature with fluctuations more than 10,000 years ago and say no big deal.

#14     Jul 16, 2006
  5. Well, isn't the point that mankind had nothing to do with what happened 10,000 years ago? There were enormous climate cycles. We have been living in an historically anamolous stable range. The alarmists want us to destroy our standard of living without any proof it would do any good, or even any proof that we are responsible for the very slight warming that apparently has taken place.

#15     Jul 16, 2006
  6. Pabst

Pabst

Does any one know the high temperature in Charlotte on March 7th, 1626? I need the data for my records.........

#16     Jul 16, 2006
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think that was the night when they were burning witches down there. It was prettty damn hot...

#17     Jul 16, 2006
  8. No, that isn't the point. Civilization didn't exist 10,000 years ago. It is not a coincidence that the emergence of civilization occured when global climate was relatively accomaditave to humans. Funny that you worry about the "standard of living," yet not worried about the very existance of the civilization.

Heck, 3 billion years ago the earth was hot as hell. That was certainly not due to any human activities. So we shouldn't worry even if the temperature goes up to 1000 degrees!

#18     Jul 16, 2006
  9. The point is whether or not we can do anything about it. History suggests strongly that we can't.

#19     Jul 16, 2006
  10. maxpi

maxpi

There is not too much science in science nowadays. It is all politicized. The global warming issue is drawing in people that are out of power and want back in it ranging from the Pope to the Democrats. It is a favorite of anti capitalists and far left attorneys because they can screw with businesses and make a lot of money at the same time. When Al Gore talks about global warming he is sending a message to lawyers that reads "donate some $ to my campaign and we will shake the money tree for you". All these environmental attorneys that sue to stop everything get their pay from the public, Gore types passed laws that allowed the courts to pay their attorney fees so they sue over every issue, even if they have to make one up.

#20     Jul 16, 2006