Yen Ready To Rally!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by FXsKaLpEr, Sep 25, 2005.

1. I'd have hit the gong months ago on him, Chood.

#11     Sep 27, 2005
  2. jpy freefallin as we type

#12     Sep 27, 2005
  3. Chood

Chood

Yes, I know, but there always seemed to be that one contestant who couldn't be run off, gong or not, kinda like a bad cold you can't chase away, or bothersome fly that won't shoo, or a blotchy, chronic skin condition.

#13     Sep 27, 2005
  4. Actually, he's the contestant that got booted and returned with the same act, hoping the judges would have either forgotten about his previous act, OR there were simply new judges.

#14     Sep 27, 2005
  5. part of it correctly, bro.

since the EUR/USD short that climbed 1600-points against me last year (a 15-year benchmark btw), my system is completely retooled - I'd now handle that situation differently.

I'll point out, with the EUR/USD short trade, I WAS ultimately correct - as the rate did tumble into the 1.1800s after reaching the high of 1.3665: As the whole 'world' expected it to go into the 1.45s - "buy euro on dips" remember? Hedge funds blew up going against me.

At the peak, I was 3-cents away from the top. That means my indicators would have provided me with over 1500 net points profit in my (short) direction.

You call that trade a "loser" then that's your problem.

what we got here is a flurry of USD panic buying. Last year it was manic selling. No difference really, just mistakes being made in the other direction... for now.

My system enables me to exercise ultra-control over periods of high volatility. I place positions right where I want them - based on my indicators.

I control losses as well.

Overall it enables me to beat "trend followers" and speculators.

Does your system do that?

I may not have come out as well as I had hoped for on every trade this way, but, I sleep content, resting confidently in the market (the millions of people you mention) making HUGE errors that will ultimately drop into my favor. :D More often than not.

remember, too, that I have a long USD/JPY trade open as well. Should the yen wind up weakening even to the 117s I'll pocket every penny on the move. I'm not a dumb trader.

In the end, being "wrong" doesn't concern me a whole hell of a lot - I'm able to make trades that get me out of hairy positions. I never said I am impervious to losses - but I manage them well.

How's your trades going, btw?

adr,

theskalper

#15     Sep 27, 2005
  6. "And saying "I don't run from fights" is just saying "I'll hold my positions open because eventually it'll come back down through 112".

Maybe for you it is. I have no such structure.

Ivan, has anyone told you you're an "asshole," today? :)

Because you are.

you have to learn how to trade.

be sure to put be back on ignore. ASAP.

fx

#16     Sep 27, 2005
  7. getting "gonged" by you guys doesn't really matter much to me.

see ya in the market... if you know what I mean. :)

laterz,

fx

#17     Sep 27, 2005
  8. Only you, and that means I'm going the right way.

Saying "I was right in the end" means nothing in FOREX. I understand that if you wait long enough, trades will come back into positive territory eventually. You may have to wait months, or even years, but eventually everything is cyclical. It's really not skill when you're out of the game waiting for horrible trades made to come back into profit. Why? Well, for two reasons:

1. If the market moves enough against you, you get a margin call. The only way to prevent this is to continue to deposit money in hopes the tide will turn, or to trim your positions, taking small losses and thereby extending the pain tolerance you can take. This is stupid for reason #2.

2. You take yourself out of the game and lose all the money you could have made if you simply took the loss and turned into the trend, instead of trying to fight it or the market.

I could take a EUR short right now and then - presuming I had enough margin to cover it - come back in two years and say "Wow! Look at my trade!" That's jack. It's less than jack, actually.

And that's the way you play, "bro". You play with the knowledge that you'll make a trade, cash in on those winning ones claiming you know what you're doing, and holding out on those losing ones until...well, until they go the way you want.

Yipee!

#18     Sep 27, 2005
  9. See thread "Cries" in this forum. Made about $7500 on my CAD trade which I closed this morning. Have no open EUR trades currently, have two open AUD longs at .7538.

YTD return is 18%, and considering my year starts AUG 1st, I don't think that's too bad. Last year was 51.1% if I remember correctly (something like that).

Ivan

#19     Sep 27, 2005
  10. hahahahahah YTD 18% (Aug...Wow.. Impressive).....kindergarden performance
    Z C

#20     Sep 27, 2005