Yen now and through the summer

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Chood, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Chood

Chood

Long one near-month Yen at open last night at .008908, stop at .008867 (41 ticks). Modest drawdown, 13 ticks, before rising above water, where it is now (and has been for most of session). Lower entry for second not triggered (yet).

(Compare last week's Yen long, which featured 11 tick drawdown of even shorter duration, then above water to exit.)

Nikkei 225 up overnight, too.

#41     Sep 28, 2005
  2. Chood

Chood

First drawndown again, keeping lower entry for second at original, .__8882, if filled, stop at .8842.

#42     Sep 28, 2005
  3. Chood

Chood

Today's session won't breach yesterday's low, it now appears, so second entry unlikely to fill. Take it down. Ride only the first, which is back above water.

#43     Sep 28, 2005
  4. no offense to Chood, but the moderator should move this thread to Journals, as it is primarily a single member-posting thread that is disruptive to the Forex forum.

thank you.

#44     Sep 28, 2005
  5. Chood

Chood

I started the thread, but without any intention to make it a single-member thread. To be sure, I'd enjoy seeing Yen trades of any member, plus whatever insight anyone can offer. That is why I started the thread. Ideally, actual trades reported ahead of time would be accompanied by clear explanation of basis of the trade. Who knows, readers -- myself included -- might learn something.

#45     Sep 29, 2005
  6. Chood

Chood

Recent post in Journals forum (from another member), excerpted below, explains both what I have tried to do in this thread and what I hope to get in the way of knowledge from other members who decide to post here. It represents the counter-argument to those tempted simply to report entries, exits, and results:

"To me, and maybe this is my misunderstanding, a journal that only provides signals - even if realtime - can't serve any purpose other than to funnel people into a pay room. If the signals also included how they were derived, then that would be a whole other story- as such were my 'simple' threads. I was obviously not trying to get people to pay for my services by showing them anything - since I gave away the 'system' from the start.

Maybe I'm totally wrong - but I can't think of any other reason to post trades only in a journal, can you?"

#46     Sep 30, 2005
  7. Chood

Chood

Stopped out.

#47     Oct 2, 2005
  8. you lost money on fckin YEN??

dude, maybe you should consider a profession of working your way up the corporate ladder at... Vons market.

since you're good at getting your money bagged... start as a bagger.

I just a bunch of money on skalping USD/JPY longs.

If I read your post right, it was your money! :D

"was" being the key word there - LMAO!

on second thought, maybe you should stay in forex a little longer...

#48     Oct 2, 2005
  9. Chood

Chood

OK, Nick DeJour, you got me, I give, you're tops, a giant among mites.

#49     Oct 3, 2005
  10. Best Forex Trader in the World.

:D

another variation: Greatest Currency Trader in the Universe.

don't never go against me... I be baaaad.

Coinz

#50     Oct 3, 2005