Yen exposure with stocks?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by sprstpd, Jan 4, 2007.

  1. sprstpd


    With the fairly recent addition of currency ETFs, I can get exposure to the Canadian dollar by buying FXC.

    Suppose I want yen exposure but I am restricted to only buying and selling stock (or ETFs). Since there is no direct yen currency ETF, is this even possible?

    Thanks for any ideas you might have.
  2. minmike


    Just find a company that does most of its business in Japan. You get yen exposure and exposure to the company.
  3. sprstpd


    Yes, but I would like a company independent solution if possible.
  4. TradeTheNews

    TradeTheNews ET Sponsor

    - I believe TIF gets a solid portion of sales from Japan

  5. Maybe japanese based ETF....well you know what I mean.


    You can also try...