yellow jacket trading strategy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader999, Jul 30, 2019.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Yeah, 1 year is better than trading blindly. I can't imagine trading anything without at least a decent visual backtest where you write down profits/losses (even if it's not perfectly accurate).

#11     Jul 30, 2019
  2. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

You know...simply bringing up a weekly will tell him all he needs to know about whether the market is in a bull or bear market...and that strategy may actually have some merit if one knows how to execute it

#12     Jul 30, 2019
  3. i dont want to be spoon fed. i am not even sure if this strategy has anything to do with opex.

#13     Jul 30, 2019
  4. Overnight

Overnight

#14     Jul 30, 2019
  5. ironchef

ironchef

It didn't work. I backtested it all the way back to 1993. You are better off just buy-and-hold.

#15     Jul 31, 2019
    MKTrader likes this.
  6. ok so you backtested overnight gap. Can you backtest buying opex friday close and selling following week friday close. Thank you

#16     Jul 31, 2019
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

Wait, how do you know what he backtested? If he did it based on your first post, then that's what he tested. And if you don't want to be spoon fed, you may not want to keep begging for backtests... remember, beggars can't be choosy.

#17     Jul 31, 2019
  8. he posted NYT article, so i am assuming it is for overnight gap. Please stop insulting me

#18     Jul 31, 2019
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

I'm talking about the @ironchef post. Please grow a spine...you'll need it if you want to start trading.

#19     Jul 31, 2019
  10. ironchef

ironchef

No need to get upset guys, we are all in this together, learning and hope to get better at it. I tried to test every schemes posted, so this is no sweat.

The overnight backtest was easy, essentially can be done on an excel spreadsheet with a simple copy. What you asked for will be hard to do (over 6,600 data points) without programming the logic on VBA. Let me take a look.

#20     Jul 31, 2019