Yeah I wanna be a trader to ;)

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jrlvnv, Jun 4, 2005.

1. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

Here is my 30 second story. Since a young age I have been mystified at the markets and always asked my dad about how the stock market worked. He didn't know very much other then they charge very high commissions. Well I had a rich g/f that let me trade a 100k account back in 97 and did well, like who didn't. I had no training and used cnbc's ticker for my quotes and bought stocks that were getting higher quotes then the last time they posted. probably should try and sell that system. So I have no real experience on "real day-trading" I turn to you guys for a bit of help. Was looking into Bright trading since I do hear good things about them for professional traders but I get a mixed reviews on there training aspect part of the business. So where is there good value for you dollar in learning the business? Have a empty inbox and would value any replies. Thanks for the help. I did read the training part on this site but to me offers no real help on how really to get started as far as trading and real training which is what I believe i really need. Thanks guys

2. Where do you live? Will you trade remote or in an office. What do you want to trade, equities futures etc. There are many good prop firms in tri-state area, just depends on what you are looking for. I assume your not registered (series 7, 55 etc) That might be a goal for you if you want to make this a career. Good Luck JZ:)

3. Dustin

Dustin

With your lack of experience I would agree that Bright would be a good choice. The training is probably the best you can get for a new trader imo.

4. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

I live in Las Vegas which would make Bright a logical choice. They just seemed to be more for the "advanced" person and not a newbie. Just going by what I read on here. Trading stocks is what I want to do and would like to do it in a office. Really just looking for training and what the best way to go into the markets. Thanks for the replies so far.

5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

if i were you id get that girlfriend back. then you wont need to trade :)

just keep servicing her on a regular basis

lot less hassle & emotional upheaval.

6. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

I'll take the emotion train of day-trading 10 fold over her anyday. The money was nice though. Wish I had it to do over again. I know a little bit more about the market now and have some info on prop shops and day-trading firms. Who knows with the bankroll I had and if I had gotten some real training back then who knows where I would be now. I know its a lot harder now to trade but people are still doing it and making good money at it. It always confused me on how one person can do so well at trading and most everybody fails. Anyone have any ideas on why the failure is so high. You can take a room of 100 people and 15 will most likely be good traders and the other 85 will drop out cause they can't do it. Any ideas on that? Still awaiting more info on training if anyone has it. Thanks again

7. that's a dangerous line of thought in your post - don't get emotional during trading. can't emphasize that enough.

also, its never easier or harder than it was. it is what it is. it seems easy because of hindsight. people fail because they fail to adapt. people who made a fortune in the internet boom lost it all because they failed to adapt.

8. Read "Trading In The Zone" by Mark Douglas and you will have your answer.

9. jrlvnv

jrlvnv

Any cliff notes on that book? Anyone else have any insight on this topic? I know its probably been beat to death and I have been searching but not getting the answers I am really looking for. Thanks to all that replied so far though. Take care....

10. Moreagr

Moreagr

my friend if your going to ask for cliff notes i suggest you run the other way fast. there is no short cut in this business just dedicate yourself for success through hard work and observation.

#10     Jun 6, 2005