*Yawn* Another Day, Another Rally on Horrible News

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrDODGE, Dec 11, 2008.

1. So I'm not the only one

#31     Dec 11, 2008
  2. You obviously have not looked at the coal, steel, energy, or drilling sectors this week.

#32     Dec 11, 2008
  3. Financials are preety weak today

#33     Dec 11, 2008
  4. I would argue that you really have very little knowledge of how the markets work. Being bullish in the face of the biggest bear market we've ever seen shows a total LACK of knowledge.

#34     Dec 11, 2008
  5. #35     Dec 11, 2008
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not to mention objectivity.

#36     Dec 11, 2008
  7. "But the markets are already 20% off the lows and the econ data hasn't showed any signs of improving. When times finally appear bullish the markets may be 50% off the lows. The recovery is priced into stocks long before it happens so you need to be bullish when things appear at their absolute worst. When an economic recovery is confirmed most the potential upside gains are gone."

(Stock_Trad3r)

"But the markets are already 20% off the highs and the econ data hasn't showed any signs of worsening. When times finally appear bearish the markets may be 50% off the highs. The selloff is priced into stocks long before it happens so you need to be bearish when things appear at their absolute best. When an economic downturn is confirmed most the potential downside gains are gone."

(re-w3rded)

I think this shows stock_trad3r gave some very good advice in his quote, however he failed to apply his knowledge during the strong DOWN move over the last 8 months. Taking his idea and shifting it around could have made him a FORTUNE........instead he chose to advocate buying dips and holding onto long stock while prices cascaded down.

#37     Dec 11, 2008
  8. Here come the buyers as predicted

#38     Dec 11, 2008
  9. buyers stepping in at the magic 2:30 mark. ..cover all shorts now

could see a 150 point or more rally in the final 70 minutes.

#39     Dec 11, 2008
  10. noddyboy

noddyboy

sellers stepping in. cover all longs.

#40     Dec 11, 2008