yast (yet another swift thread)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by stuckie, Aug 8, 2005.

whats the best Swift office to trade in?

1. Montreal

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  2. Quebec City

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Toronto

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. Hamilton

12 vote(s)
    22.6%
  5. London

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  6. Richmond Hill

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  7. Calgary

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. Kelowna

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  9. Vancouver

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  10. Victoria

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. mnx

mnx

yeah we've got a lot of trainees here now. and half of them trade better than me. ;)

mnx

#21     Aug 11, 2005
  2. AVB

AVB

Let me clear up all of the questions about Richmond Hill...It got a couple votes because it always has a few good consistent traders who always make money and have consistently led elite affiliated branches. Nobody else makes much of anything there.

It is off the map because it has very poor management, and people might consider the atmosphere dingy cuz it is 900 degrees in there in summer, -800 in winter, and the connection there is crappy. The traders there like to laugh and joke around in a loud manner, but that is more a pro in my opinion, keeps the stress level low as long as you get involved.

Traders are leaving at a fast rate based on pain in the ass management for the most part, and the fact that many were not doing extremely well in comparison to others there.

If you are going to put London on the map, you have to have RH as well...Has better traders.

#22     Aug 12, 2005
  3. askme

askme

Yes, Richmond Hill makes the most money from all Elite Branches I know that for the fact. There is either one or two traders who consistently make $2-3 gs per day, and that is what makes a difference.... but many traders have left and are leaving, because of poor management and they are just moving on... "Management" in the office makes sure that the AC is out, and having 40 CRT monitors turned on in a tight office space does creat +900 in summer time.... Savings are at the MAX in that office...

#23     Aug 12, 2005
  4. In mississauga or Toronto what do you do to apply for trainee or trader. I mean who you suppose to contact and how. Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

#24     Aug 12, 2005
  5. Just visit the website. www.swifttrade.com and apply directly via the link on the locations page.

Just go into the intreview, tell them you play video games, and play sports, and love math and you are hired.

#25     Aug 13, 2005
  6. azmi

azmi

hahahaha Mike..there has to be some good skills/experience the boys got when they were trading with Swift..

#26     Aug 14, 2005
  7. stuckie

stuckie

thanks for your comments guys. there wasnt as much feedback as i would have thought given the number of people who like to post comments about swift. :eek: i think maybe the best way to get a feel is to travel to a few of the better ones and trade there for a week or so. they might not tell me whats real but i'll take a few guys out for beers. :D I've been to a few different places but not all the good ones. if anyone has any suggestions of things to ask about i'd love to hear it.

thanks, Stuckie

#27     Aug 17, 2005
  8. GGSAE

GGSAE

Sorry to bring up this old thread, i haven't posted on ET in ages but i was just wondering if the Ottawa branch is still around. I didn't see it included in the choices in the poll section so i'm assuming the worst. Can someone clue me in with an update if anyone is still there or knows someone there?

#28     Oct 27, 2005
  9. mnx

mnx

yeah the Ottawa branch is still around. FCCT trades there. Send him a PM... (I hope your don't mind me passing out your handle FCCT...)

mnx

#29     Oct 27, 2005
  10. Kelowna, Vancouver, or Langley...and move on up and become a "Bright Trader"...

Don :cool:

(I, too, am sorry Magna, I just couldn't resist). Lol...you can delete this if you want...:)

#30     Oct 27, 2005