yast (yet another swift thread)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by stuckie, Aug 8, 2005.

whats the best Swift office to trade in?

1. Montreal

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  2. Quebec City

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Toronto

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. Hamilton

12 vote(s)
    22.6%
  5. London

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  6. Richmond Hill

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  7. Calgary

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  8. Kelowna

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  9. Vancouver

7 vote(s)
    13.2%
  10. Victoria

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. stuckie

stuckie

sorry magna i'll do my part to make sure it stays on topic :)

i'm going to relocate to a different swift office in Canada and want opinions from other swifties and ex-swifties about the best one to work at. i dont wanna hear about off-topic shite about why or why not to work there or more shite from goldie. the software's all the same, the payouts are the same, the rules are the same. Im just interested in which office has the best feel. Whats the best environment to be trading in?

if i did this right the poll is ontop.

thanks, Stuckie

2. Magna

Magna Administrator

Thanks stuckie, and I'll do my part to make sure that all of the discussion is only about the Swift OFFICES. If anyone has a burning desire to talk about other Swift topics please do so on the many other Swift threads, not this one. Thanks.

3. you missed Saskatoon :p

4. You missed Cambridge as well, although maybe you just decided that it didn't need to be on the list

5. stuckie

stuckie

yeah i only put in the ones that if i moved there would give me a good balance of good traders and good place to live. thats why Saskatoon and Winnipeg arent on the list. who the he!! would want to live there? :D

Stuckie

6. As far as places to live go, I've lived in London (for Swift) and Hamilton (not for Swift), and I'm from Toronto. London gets a bit boring after a while, and now that the office has been sold, I can't speak to the work environment there.

Hamilton's great if you're student age (during school of course), but doesn't have much appeal otherwise. Toronto is great anytime, but is obviously the most expensive of the three.

7. lescor

lescor

I live in Saskatoon and make more than 99.99% of the population. Money goes a long way here, so if you're doing well it's equivalent to making a lot more elsewhere. It's actually a pretty nice place to live.

If anyone knows anything about the Saskatoon Swift branch, drop me a line, I've actually thought about stopping by to see what's up.

8. Depends what you mean by the best office environment?

Toronto- Great place, always on top, they know what other branches are doing, what works, they are beta testing new stuff. Couple good traders putting up solid number. Great city to live in, the office is on the subway line you can find a nice place no prob within 30min subway ride for $500. The manager is the great mastermind himself PeterBeck. Not much to learn about trading from him but the man is money making genius, him talking about stuff that doesn't relate to swift trade is just amazing. Oh yeah and Free lunches for traders. This alone can save you 10$ a day if you fill up.

Hamilton- The office specializes in gimmick trading. Puts up great numbers when their gimmicks work, otherwise nothing spectacular. The traders are monkeys so is the manager I heard. As someone else said Hamilton is a dump otherwise unless you are a student. You will not learn anything there as noone knows how to trade.

London- used to be a great place. Lots of talented traders, most of them left for greener pastures. London is a good city to to settle down, cheap and nice, close to nice lakes etc.. The head trainer tries to stay on top of new developments with mixed success. I am not sure how many traders they have now but they have a big office so it might feel empty.

Montreal - great location, great setup in an old house downtown, Great interior design. If you are a Nasdaq trader you can to work in the shadow of the best trader at swift which i think is priceless.
    There is a bunch of other good traders, the managers are pretty cool when they want to be. They throw great parties. Way better then then London and other "elite" branches.
    Montreal is a great city if you can put up with the French crap. They are limited to Nasdaq trading, rarely try new stuff but it might change with LSE.

I would pick Montreal if I was a Nasdaq Trader. For Nyse and other Toronto might be the best.

Hope this help

9. judging by the numbers, hamilton is the best, and ottawa copies them.

calgary and kelowna are good with amex etfs and copying hamilton.

I heard the vancouver office is professional and nicely decorated!

thats all i know

Oh, and ottawa apparantly has no A/C so heat waves kill you (hopefully this isnt the case still)

10. stuckie

stuckie

first lescor, sorry about my Saskatoon comments. your right about the perks that cheap cost of living can give you. i'm not too worried as i do pretty well but it would be nice to get more for a dollar. thanks to everyone for their comments, its helping get anidea of what the different offices are like.

i didnt want to comment on the thread and possibly influence peoples comments but i guess after all its a discussion board :D

Hamilton is good because of the numbers but those can change from month to month so i dont want to be influenced too much that way. I trade my own game anyway so the fact that some guy is making fat this month or next doesnt impress me unless I can learn from it. i was leaning toward Montreal because of Sammy but from everything ive heard hes pretty isolated. maybe its different if your there all the time but buds have gone there and not even seen the guy.

i sure like the idea of trading in a place with no snow or at least warmer winters. not sure i would like Kelowna other than the babes but then theres the big fish in a small pond benefits there. Ive traded in Vancouver before and yeah theyve got a cool office. Management is cool there and theres still babes. Calgarys about the same cost of living i think and still have snow.

i think i just have to get a sense of the offices and the managers. theres pros and cons to every city so the only constant is the office. i'm just getting restless and looking for someplace new.

if anyone has comments on the western offices id love to hear em...the Ontario offices are easier to get to and check out, but theres no substitute for comments from guys whove worked there.

thanks, Stuckie

#10     Aug 8, 2005