Yamana Gold (AUY)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by sledged, Apr 21, 2011.

1. The pattern is still repeating. A rally to 19 would be nice at this point.
    Would keep me from losing some money too. Have 3 Vertical Spreads expiring on July 20th! :eek:

• auy.png
      File size:
      17.2 KB
      Views:
    #51     Apr 5, 2012
  2. falcon

falcon

I agree. It's been a long term uptrend and has alot of support at key levels like $15.

#52     Apr 6, 2012
  3. I need AUY to be at or above 17, 19 & 20 on July 20th. Looks like I may have set the levels a bit high on the last two Spreads. Got greedy, going for too much profit! Still, there's a few months left... we'll see what happens. :p

#53     Apr 6, 2012
  4. falcon

falcon

It doesn't take much for AUY to move and could do it, however it's been hit hard along with most gold stocks so it would take a sizeable bounce back from here. I think once the hedgies jump back on anything is possible.

#54     Apr 6, 2012
  5. Pray for me....
    :)

#55     Apr 6, 2012
  6. Not looking too good here on the daily chart. Death Cross of the 25EMA down over the 50MA, and the price closing below the 200MA twice. Ugh.
    I normally decide about 30 days prior to Expiration (before the Rapid Time Decay kicks in) about closing a position for a loss. That gives me 2 more months to squirm in my seat!
    Calling all Hedgies! Buy AUY now!
    :D

#56     Apr 6, 2012
  7. falcon

falcon

AUy is too good a buy to let go down too far, it's only a matter of time before they push it up again.

#57     Apr 6, 2012
  8. I like that kind of talk. Just hope 2 months is time enough!

#58     Apr 6, 2012
  9. falcon

falcon

It just might be.. especailly when earnings comes out 1st May.

#59     Apr 10, 2012
  10. Earnings Announcement for AUY was a non-event. Oh well...
    So I closed out the position and ate the loss. Wasn't too bad.
    Put the remaining funds into LTD, which has been trending nicely as of late.
    And so it begins again...

#60     May 2, 2012