Yamana Gold (AUY)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by sledged, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Samsara

Samsara

Wow that is bizarre behavior -- definitely worth a look if not solely to figure out why some miners just flounder in spite of the commodity. That behavior makes no sense to me.

I've never heard of DROOY also. Sounds like it'd totally hook my former friends.

#31     Aug 10, 2011
  2. falcon

falcon

With Gold down and the market falling AUY didn't fair too bad, however with RSI high and above it's 50 dma it looks overbought.

I still like it for a push up to $17. What do others think?

#32     Nov 9, 2011
  3. I think we see $25 on AUY within the next year in my opinion, eventually the market will accept that these gold prices are going to be around for the long term and earnings estimates will continue to rise. The only equities I feel comfortable holding long right now are Miners, yesterday we were in the green most of the day and finally it succumbed to the broad market pressures but still positive sign to me.

#33     Nov 10, 2011
  4. falcon

falcon

I like it long term even though it's done nothing for years and theres obviously some funny buisness going on with the way it behaves, however the fundamentals are good and theres a solid base around $16 for a push to maybe 17.50 but 25 ??

How is it that you can make such a statement like 25 without any reasoning. Thats the real strange thing about this stock, it hasn't even been close to that price yet such statements are made willy nilly.

No disrespect intended just hope your right.

#34     Nov 10, 2011
  5. Yea, $25 I guess is what I dream about :) , but $20 next year I feel is a definite possibility, AUY is using conservative figures for its future spot gold price forecasts and if we can hang here or north of $1700 the bid support will only get stronger. No disrespect taken, sometimes we all need to dream, haa.

#35     Nov 10, 2011
  6. falcon

falcon

I hear ya there. The thing that bothers me about Yamana is the unpredictable way it behaves, can't seem to get a handle on it as sometimes it moves with gold and other times it goes with the market. It's as if there is no real reasoning behind it's movements or maybe it's just that it gets heavily daytraded keeping it within a range or some other kind of manipulation is going on.

thoughts?

#36     Nov 10, 2011
  7. I think it's going to 50 at least.

I have been building very speculative positions in other miners but I will ad to this the next change I get.

#37     Nov 11, 2011
  8. nitro

nitro

9. I agree, 50 sounds like a nice round number. I have revised my price target :) I am happy with this one and think I will take my 2 bagger if it gets there.

#39     Nov 11, 2011
  10. falcon

falcon

#40     Nov 11, 2011